2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Saying Maye is the better prospect isn't based on film, production, tools, etc. It's almost entirely based on the anti-Caleb narrative that has become trendy to follow because of USC's meh season and prospect fatigue. 

There is no anti-Caleb narrative. You're just trying to create enemies to troll on because that's what you do on this forum.

Nobody is taking your bait, sorry dude. 

Both great prospects, Maye is better in pocket. Williams better of schedule. You can make arguments for both depending on your system.

• Like 4

Just now, big_palooka said:

There is no anti-Caleb narrative. You're just trying to create enemies to troll on because that's what you do on this forum.

Both great prospects, Maye is better in pocket. Williams better of schedule. You can make arguments for both depending on your system.

I am not trying to troll or create enemies by saying that they should both be evaluated using the same criteria. Maye is obviously a great prospect as well, I've never said anything to dispute that. I'm just a firm believer in Caleb's ability to create out of structure and how that mirrors most of the truly elite guys in the league. I've said it numerous times, Caleb reminds me of a Kyler/Mahomes hybrid and Maye reminds me of Herbert.

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Well for one operate from within a pocket and structure. 

I think it's a lot easier to develop a QB's ability to play within the pocket and structure of the offense like we've seen with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, etc. Then it is to develop a pocket passers ability to extend plays and play outside of structure. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I am not trying to troll or create enemies by saying that they should both be evaluated using the same criteria. Maye is obviously a great prospect as well, I've never said anything to dispute that. I'm just a firm believer in Caleb's ability to create out of structure and how that mirrors most of the truly elite guys in the league. I've said it numerous times, Caleb reminds me of a Kyler/Mahomes hybrid and Maye reminds me of Herbert.

Leave Mahomes out of it. Who's the next best comparison?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's a lot easier to develop a QB's ability to play within the pocket and structure of the offense like we've seen with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, etc. Then it is to develop a pocket passers ability to extend plays and play outside of structure. 

I think a lot of it is dependent on the system a qb is in honestly. We just fired a coach that would have probably made Mahomes look bad. While hero ball can be exciting and a ton of fun to watch, it can also be a way to get your team into some serious trouble at times as well. Just kind of a wild draft class that there are top tier prospects for both a pocket guy and an off script guy. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Back to sleeper Carson Beck:

It's happening..... His anticipation, accuracy and ability read defenses is top notch. Nobody is talking about him because of "Georgia Fatigue" maybe? And he's an actual Dawg

Oof gonna get to see him first hand next weekend and I’m not excited for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

USC was 4-8 the year before Caleb/Lincoln arrived and the program in general was dead in the water at that point under Clay Helton. Caleb arrived and they instantly became nationally relevant, went 11-3, and were a game out of the college football playoffs after finishing 11th in the Pac-12 the previous year. 

UNC was mid before Maye and has been pretty mid with him, lol. 

Fact check time because it's so easy with you:

They weren't 4-8 under Helton, they were 1-1 and pulled the trigger on a boring HC hired instead of Ed Orgeron. But in the previous years, they went 5-1, 8-5,  5-7, 11-3. 

Yeah, Riley brought the hype, but nothing in the results column other than getting their *** handed to them by TULANE. 

And no, they didn't finish 11th in the Pac12 in 2021, it was a 3 way tie for 10th place (Stanford and Arizona were 11th and 12th with worse records overall and within the conference). That's not even an opinion, it's a fact- something you lack when making arguments and why nobody will take you seriously, as you can't even get the basics right. 

🤡

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Idk, I'm pretty firmly anti-Caleb amd this he's a horrid prospect the vast majority are gushing over for no legitimate reason. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fact check time because it's so easy with you:

They weren't 4-8 under Helton, they were 1-1 and pulled the trigger on a boring HC hired instead of Ed Orgeron. But in the previous years, they went 5-1, 8-5,  5-7, 11-3. 

Yeah, Riley brought the hype, but nothing in the results column other than getting their *** handed to them by TULANE. 

And no, they didn't finish 11th in the Pac12 in 2021, it was a 3 way tie for 10th place (Stanford and Arizona were 11th and 12th with worse records overall and within the conference). That's not even an opinion, it's a fact- something you lack when making arguments and why nobody will take you seriously, as you can't even get the basics right. 

🤡

4-8, 5-1, 8-5, 5-7

#PowerHouse 

caleb took them to 11 wins in year one with a garbage team around him. 
you’re trying to hype a 4-8 team that had 2 head coaches to discredit Caleb 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Back to sleeper Carson Beck:

It's happening..... His anticipation, accuracy and ability read defenses is top notch. Nobody is talking about him because of "Georgia Fatigue" maybe? And he's an actual Dawg

Georgia fatigue? What UGA QB is even in the NFL? Bennett but he’s in rehab?

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

4-8, 5-1, 8-5, 5-7

#PowerHouse 

caleb took them to 11 wins in year one with a garbage team around him. 
you’re trying to hype a 4-8 team that had 2 head coaches to discredit Caleb 

Nah, I'm discrediting Caleb because Caleb hasn't done ish and ****s the bed against non-cupcake opponents. 

This whole "garbage team around him" nonsense is hilarious though. I thought Lincoln Riley came in and fixed all that, no?

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, I'm discrediting Caleb because Caleb hasn't done ish and ****s the bed against non-cupcake opponents. 

This whole "garbage team around him" nonsense is hilarious though. I thought Lincoln Riley came in and fixed all that, no?

Caleb elevated a 4 win team into a contender