2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like Carson 

not sold on McCarthy idk what it is but he reminds me of a mix of Zach Wilson in josh allen body in college 

Weird take. McCarthy is closer in stature to Wilson than Allen who has 35-40 lbs. on him. 

Tools and intangibles are off the charts compared to Wilson. Wilson had a live arm and some mobility. That's it. McCarthy has arm talent, mobility, great pocket awareness and leadership.

You have to project a lot with McCarthy because he's not been asked to put games on his back. Hasn't needed to the way Michigan plays football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Weird take. McCarthy is closer in stature to Wilson than Allen who has 35-40 lbs. on him. 

Tools and intangibles are off the charts compared to Wilson. Wilson had a live arm and some mobility. That's it. McCarthy has arm talent, mobility, great pocket awareness and leadership.

You have to project a lot with McCarthy because he's not been asked to put games on his back. Hasn't needed to the way Michigan plays football. 

Josh was 6’5 210 in juco

6’3 180 outa hs

you should know this it’s your guy

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

LSU has Malik Nabors (top 10) and Brian Thomas Jr. (first round) at WR. 

Jaylen Daniels gets so much hype from his stats, but he's throwing the ball typically on one read to two of the best in the country. 

I hope someone takes him early to push a better QB down. He's a carnival QB.

But you say you have to project and use your imagination with McCarthy meh 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Josh was 6’5 210 in juco

6’3 180 outa hs

you should know this it’s your guy

What does HS and juco matter? We're comparing prospects coming into the NFL draft. Josh Allen was 6'5 237 at Wyoming. Unless McCarthy adds 2 inches and 35 lbs, they are not the same body wise coming into the pros. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But you say you have to project and use your imagination with McCarthy meh 

I never said use your imagination. The proof is there with him running a prostyle offense, making reads and delivering with anticipation in the pocket. He flashes great footwork, accuracy and arm talent. Ability to layer throws and create off schedule. You have to project most QBs, but more so with McCarthy because of the team.

Daniels is in a pass happy system with a good, not great arm. He's a first read and react thrower. Rarely gets past a second read. He's slow to process and anticipate. Guys come open before he throws the ball. It works, because he's got two of the top 5 WRs in the country getting open for him.

He's skinny, has had trouble keeping weight on. He doesn't have elite (Lamar Jackson) speed. Guys in the NFL will be as fast as him, so his run ability will be mitigated to a degree. He's also reckless as a runner and at his size will be subject to injuries. 

Daniels will be 23. He's a one year wonder with ridiculous talent around him. People need to look past the stat sheet with him. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What does HS and juco matter? We're comparing prospects coming into the NFL draft. Josh Allen was 6'5 237 at Wyoming. Unless McCarthy adds 2 inches and 35 lbs, they are not the same body wise coming into the pros. 

McCarthy has what 2 years at mich 

basically similar size at age 20

josh did 2 years at juco iirc and entered Wyoming at 210

he didn’t look 240 at Wyoming imo

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

LSU has Malik Nabors (top 10) and Brian Thomas Jr. (first round) at WR. 

Jaylen Daniels gets so much hype from his stats, but he's throwing the ball typically on one read to two of the best in the country. 

I hope someone takes him early to push a better QB down. He's a carnival QB.

the same can be said about Joe Burrow at LSU.. Jefferson and Chase.

that being said, he does need to work on his progressions i agree, but ill still be excited if we take him. 
And if he wants to force DA the football on one reads ill take it... tired of him getting no targets in a half lol

I never said use your imagination. The proof is there with him running a prostyle offense, making reads and delivering with anticipation in the pocket. He flashes great footwork, accuracy and arm talent. Ability to layer throws and create off schedule. You have to project most QBs, but more so with McCarthy because of the team.

Daniels is in a pass happy system with a good, not great arm. He's a first read and react thrower. Rarely gets past a second read. He's slow to process and anticipate. Guys come open before he throws the ball. It works, because he's got two of the top 5 WRs in the country getting open for him.

He's skinny, has had trouble keeping weight on. He doesn't have elite (Lamar Jackson) speed. Guys in the NFL will be as fast as him, so his run ability will be mitigated to a degree. He's also reckless as a runner and at his size will be subject to injuries. 

Daniels will be 23. He's a one year wonder with ridiculous talent around him. People need to look past the stat sheet with him. 

Daniels looked good last year too tho

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

the same can be said about Joe Burrow at LSU.. Jefferson and Chase.

that being said, he does need to work on his progressions i agree, but ill still be excited if we take him. 
And if he wants to force DA the football on one reads ill take it... tired of him getting no targets in a half lol

Tua at bama also

• Like 1

I've done a bit of research on McCarthy and he is an interesting prospect.  The things I like are that he play in a pro style O, he's a bit slender but can add bulk to take the rigors of the NFL, his age as he is only 20 so there is tremendous upside there, he has a pro style arm and mobility.

The negatives are that he is slender, lacks poise in the pocket at times, inconsistent field vision but with proper coaching those things can be corrected considering his age and pedigree.  

Where is he projected to go?  Does he make it to the middle of the 1st and if so he would be an interesting target if we stay put.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Where is he projected to go?  Does he make it to the middle of the 1st and if so he would be an interesting target if we stay put.

Hard to really say, I think he'll be the 3rd QB off the board when it's all said and done though.

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tua at bama also

Tua also looked meh until he was put with an elite offensive mind plus Waddle/Tyreek.

Burrow has an All-Star cast around him too that has Browning looking like a legit NFL QB with Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Tua also looked meh until he was put with an elite offensive mind plus Waddle/Tyreek.

Burrow has an All-Star cast around him too that has Browning looking like a legit NFL QB with Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon.

because
wait for it...

football is a team sport 🍻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

because
wait for it...

football is a team sport 🍻

It's almost like having elite weapons helps a QB, it's hard for Raider fans to grasp though because Carr was mediocre with 2 1st team All Pros carrying him.

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's almost like having elite weapons helps a QB, it's hard for Raider fans to grasp though because Carr was mediocre with 2 1st team All Pros carrying him.

i know, its simple stuff, yet constantly people wanna talk about jimmy being the goat and what not. 
rosters matter. 
elite qbs can carry non playoff teams to the playoffs but other than that, any QB needs help.

-
just saw a mock with the Saints taking J Daniels one spot in front of us, with CW, Maye, Nix Penix already being gone. 
lol would really be disappointing to have 5 qbs go before us.
thankfully, there is some rule that you cant draft a qb in round 1 with DC on your roster, so we dont need to worry about the saints.