2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

21 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo you gotta pick qb first I’m hoping pennix or daniels slides I’ve been able to do slight trade backs and get daniels in the early 20’s

OL with our 1st and trade up with our 2nd, Penix, Daniels or Nix. Go heavy on D in FA. I hate that we have to deal with Jimmys dead cap for two years smfh

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

LSU has Malik Nabors (top 10) and Brian Thomas Jr. (first round) at WR. 

Jaylen Daniels gets so much hype from his stats, but he's throwing the ball typically on one read to two of the best in the country. 

I hope someone takes him early to push a better QB down. He's a carnival QB.

Stroud had some of the same "warts" last year. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Weird take. McCarthy is closer in stature to Wilson than Allen who has 35-40 lbs. on him. 

Tools and intangibles are off the charts compared to Wilson. Wilson had a live arm and some mobility. That's it. McCarthy has arm talent, mobility, great pocket awareness and leadership.

You have to project a lot with McCarthy because he's not been asked to put games on his back. Hasn't needed to the way Michigan plays football. 

Waiting on bowl game/s to judge McCarthy. I hope hes the goods. 

36 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Stroud had some of the same "warts" last year. 

I don't recall that being the case. Stroud was better in 2021 than his draft year, 2022. He came in as a potential #1 overall pick. He was mechanically sound with great footwork. His biggest knock was he didn't create a lot out of structure. 

He had a lot of talent around him, but still displayed to be an excellent pocket passer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Waiting on bowl game/s to judge McCarthy. I hope hes the goods. 

There won't be much to judge him on that we haven't seen unless Michigan falls behind. Michigan is going to ground and pound, play ball control offense. His job is to keep things on schedule and convert 3rd downs. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

is it even a lock for McCarthy to come out? Hes a true Junior that can improve his stock a bunch and play for a Natty, especially if Harbaugh is back. Would only be 21 in the draft this year. 

There are variables. If he's grading out with scouts as a round 1 pick and they win the Championship, I think it's an easy decision for him. If they loose, he could have some desire to come back.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There won't be much to judge him on that we haven't seen unless Michigan falls behind. Michigan is going to ground and pound, play ball control offense. His job is to keep things on schedule and convert 3rd downs. 

i dont think theyll get away with being that run heavy vs Bama, even if they arent trailing. Theyll have to make plays in the pass game or else theyll get rolled. At some point hell have to sling it, and if they are that reluctant to use his arm that should say a whole lot. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

i dont think theyll get away with being that run heavy vs Bama, even if they arent trailing. Theyll have to make plays in the pass game or else theyll get rolled. At some point hell have to sling it, and if they are that reluctant to use his arm that should say a whole lot. 

Alabama has a leaky run defense and Michigan has two top tier backs and several Sunday players on the Oline. They'll make plays in the pass game, same as always, but the offense runs through their ground game. What I'm saying is, he's not going to come out and sling it around the yard which is what people want to see him do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Alabama has a leaky run defense and Michigan has two top tier backs and several Sunday players on the Oline. They'll make plays in the pass game, same as always, but the offense runs through their ground game. What I'm saying is, he's not going to come out and sling it around the yard which is what people want to see him do.

I haven't watched a ton of college ball this year, I'm assuming the line will shift pretty heavily in Alabama's favor though considering 93% of money is on them to win as of now. Is Michigan a good bet?

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No he didn't. Looked the same as he did at ASU. He was a day 3 pick coming into the season. 

Ok lol draft projection got you defending the Wilson pick still to this day lol

I wanna see jj in the playoffs they play bama right?

I’ve seen daniels play vs bama the last 2 yrs will be fun to compare their performances

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Let's say that Michigan doesn't fall behind and we don't see him air it out.  Raiders are on the clock in the 1st and McCarthy is on the board.  Do you take him?  Clearly there is a risk here but from everything I have been reading it would be worth the risk.  

He's 20, blue chip prospect coming out of high school, has the arm, mobility and intelligence.  If we do then that poses the question to start him day 1 or sit him.  I would be on the side of sitting him day 1 as Adams will most likely be gone, Jacobs could very well be also and Jimmy "dawg" G should be.  AOC is not the answer but can be a serviceable backup.  I would look for a vet on the cheap like Minchew for around 10M to start the year and ease McCarthy into his role as a starter as the overall team may not be suitable for a 20 year old rookie QB.  By suitable I mean a bad D, below average Oline, most likely a #2 WR as our #1, potentially no proven RB.  Not ideal for a rookie QB. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok lol draft projection got you defending the Wilson pick still to this day lol

"To this day" he says. He was drafted 7 months ago. 

And I didn't like Wilson first off. Second, yes. I will defend the fact he was projected as a top 10 pick. Does it mean he will live up to that, maybe, maybe not. But it's way to early to judge.

58 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wanna see jj in the playoffs they play bama right?

I’ve seen daniels play vs bama the last 2 yrs will be fun to compare their performances

The teams play an entirely different type of offense. So if you're judging that, it's to fit whatever narrative you want. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that Michigan doesn't fall behind and we don't see him air it out.  Raiders are on the clock in the 1st and McCarthy is on the board.  Do you take him?  Clearly there is a risk here but from everything I have been reading it would be worth the risk. 

I'd personally take him, the upside is there, as @big_palooka said you may have to be a little more patient with him, but that's to be expected when you draft a 20 year old prospect.

I'd love to sign someone like Gardner Minshew and draft JJ.

• Like 1