Wrong!

dll2000

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Absent injury I’m guessing that’ll require a top 5 pick. Much as I’d love Bowers on our squad I don’t think either the Bears or Panthers will be that bad. 

I loooooove Bowers.

At this early point he is my favorite college TE prospect ever.

But that being said, TEs really don't move the needle super much in Ws and Ls unless they are amazingly productive like Kelce or Gonzalez do it all TEs like Gronk or Hernandez.

The positional value is lower unless you are positive they are going to be a superstar.   

You have to figure at least 2 of top 5 will be QBs.   Maybe 3 as someone always pops up.

Then an edge or OT will be in there as well.   And Marvin Harrison.    Maybe a corner.  Or another WR.

I would say he will go top 10, but not top 5. 

But it is a thread about how I am (sometimes) wrong about things.  

18 hours ago, dll2000 said:

But that being said, TEs really don't move the needle super much in Ws and Ls unless they are amazingly productive like Kelce or Gonzalez do it all TEs like Gronk or Hernandez.

I think you are looking at it in a bit of an antiquated way. Its the same reason I was SO sure that Bijan was going to to Falcons. You can no longer look at these type of guys in the categories of "RB" or "TE", they are just "Weapons" now. Sure your standard Y Tight End isnt going to be looked at in this way, but a Dynamic Move TE, who is an absolute mismatch and potential Game Changer every single week, those are worth the High Picks, and have been since back when the Niners took Vernon Davis and the Browns took Kellen Winslow Jr

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 8:55 AM, StLunatic88 said:

I think you are looking at it in a bit of an antiquated way. Its the same reason I was SO sure that Bijan was going to to Falcons. You can no longer look at these type of guys in the categories of "RB" or "TE", they are just "Weapons" now. Sure your standard Y Tight End isnt going to be looked at in this way, but a Dynamic Move TE, who is an absolute mismatch and potential Game Changer every single week, those are worth the High Picks, and have been since back when the Niners took Vernon Davis and the Browns took Kellen Winslow Jr

This is the same reason Gibbs went 12 to DET too IMO - the versatility of how he can hurt you. 

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is the same reason Gibbs went 12 to DET too IMO - the versatility of how he can hurt you. 

ehhh, I think he went at 12 because the Lions panicked when their plan they have had all offseason fell apart with the Seahawks pulling the Witherspoon Jenga piece out of the tower. 

But it would still be the reasoning behind taking Gibbs as high as #18, as I believe they planned on, that I would agree with.

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

ehhh, I think he went at 12 because the Lions panicked when their plan they have had all offseason fell apart with the Seahawks pulling the Witherspoon Jenga piece out of the tower. 

But it would still be the reasoning behind taking Gibbs as high as #18, as I believe they planned on, that I would agree with.

^this. i think a much better course of action for them would have been to take Wilson to pair with Hutchinson at #6 (carter would have been even better but i dont think campbell wanted to go there). I think they also hoped Bijan would probably be at 12 too

• Like 1