new stadium?

3rivers

would they consider the location where 3 Rives stadium was or has that been developed? 

KVN could be a reserve at both ILB and Edge, especially if Herbig needs a year to add weight and tools for the passrush. 

Edited by 3rivers

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

would they consider the location where 3 Rives stadium was or has that been developed? 

That’s been developed into the stage AE and parking lot area. 

Issue for a Steelers stadium is the owners can’t pay for one so it’s always got to be done with the help of county/state. Which also means that the Panthers will likely be involved. 

But. For the fun of it. 

Steelerd should look to build their own practice facility that’s state of the art first. I got two suggestions there:

Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills. Easy to access, close to where players live in Foxchase. The mall is failing so if half stays mall and gets reconditioned to open air, and half becomes the facility with a year round shop, measeum, and other Steelers related year round items. They could profit off of it year round. 

Wexford/Cranberry area. There’s lots of land and spaces they could go where they can build out a mixed multi use facility. This could be their own ground up thing and not have to be retrofitted. 

For the Panthers why should look to take the Schenley Oval and trail and turn that into the Pitt Panthers training facility that has a public access gym and area for membership fee. 

As for the stadiums both teams would need a new one, and with Pitt going to Schenley park, that means their current on campus facility of the PittSports dome and make a nice 30,000 seat stadium that’s unbalanced overlooking campus.  Then this could be easily used for high school too.  I think it would also make more students go to games by having it on campus.  And no doubt one of the agreements can be for them to use the new Steelers stadium for big games.

Then for the Steelers I got a few ideas in mind.

Take over the parking lot next to PPG arena.  You can situate the stadium to overlook downtown still.  Still have a downtown stadium.  Lose the waterfront feel though and the angle of the view.

South end of Strip District - between Veterans Bridge and 16th St.  This would be really cook to have the stadium near one of the cities most iconic neighborhoods.  Again you can angle for a more downtown view.

The property is massively expensive but a Mt Washington stadium would be really cool to see.

Edited by warfelg

is this topic actually something they have been considering. Seems like yesterday when the new stadium was built, but what is the expected lifespan of an nfl stadium in the modern era? It used to be around 30 years for the cookie cutters but that was a long time ago.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I just want the new stadium to have no roof. one of the few things I'm traditionalist about with the NFL lol I hate the raiders playing in a roof stadium. I think the bears will be playing in a roof stadium in a few yrs. Yuck

if the roof opens and closes, it could offer protection from heavy rain or snow if thats ever a problem For the very few times thats actually a problem, it's a costly feature.  Buffalo is in a snow belt so it would make more sense for them 

5 hours ago, August4th said:

I just want the new stadium to have no roof. one of the few things I'm traditionalist about with the NFL lol I hate the raiders playing in a roof stadium. I think the bears will be playing in a roof stadium in a few yrs. Yuck

You may not like it, but 1) with the emphasis on player safety and 2) the increased revenue added by adding a roof due to additional events that can be held at the facility due to a roof...thats the way most will eventually be.

Good news is, a) you cant really add a roof to the current stadium without significant changes that arent even really worth it as opposed to building an entirely new stadium and b) it will likely be another 20 or 30 years before the Steelers get a new stadium....and the NFL may be dying or dead by that point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 43M said:

and the NFL may be dying or dead by that point.

And the NRFL (National Robot Football League) will be thriving. 

I am terrified of the day when machines take over the human race, but I would delightfully watch a transformer fitted out with JJ Watt AI play on Sundays. 

38 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

And the NRFL (National Robot Football League) will be thriving. 

I am terrified of the day when machines take over the human race, but I would delightfully watch a transformer fitted out with JJ Watt AI play on Sundays. 

makes me wonder if we'll see AI take over refs in our lifetime + would coaching staffs start to shrink with AI calling plays or would the NFL ban something like that?