Weight Loss tips and techniques

On 10/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

Eat until you’re content, not full.

I use Cronometer and found having a kcal number to max out with helps too. 

Today I just had a big dinner of pork steak and mac and cheese but since I do IF I am still only at 1993 kcal out of my allowed 2601 kcal. This meal accounted for like 1562 kcals. Have a homemade whip cream and jello fluff that will account for 350 kcals when I eat the entire bowl. 

You can gorge yourself if you can handle your cravings and still be under your limit, but I think most would feel the most comfortable with what you said. If doing that though I would recommend eating at set meals and not grazing. A lot of people add way too many kcals while grabbing a handful of nuts or other healthy snack. 100 kcal packs add up quick. 

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I use Cronometer and found having a kcal number to max out with helps too. 

Today I just had a big dinner of pork steak and mac and cheese but since I do IF I am still only at 1993 kcal out of my allowed 2601 kcal. This meal accounted for like 1562 kcals. Have a homemade whip cream and jello fluff that will account for 350 kcals when I eat the entire bowl. 

You can gorge yourself if you can handle your cravings and still be under your limit, but I think most would feel the most comfortable with what you said. If doing that though I would recommend eating at set meals and not grazing. A lot of people add way too many kcals while grabbing a handful of nuts or other healthy snack. 100 kcal packs add up quick. 

I’m not too familiar with that? 

of course you can. We all have different levels of activities, calorie ‘budgets’, metabolisms etc

and if you want to eat low calorie dense foods like vegetables and stuff , be my guest. 

For the average human being, you shouldn’t. It’s not likely you’ll be able to lose weight. 

Another thing I do is I have a very low calorie day, just in case I go over another day.

Breakfast: protein bar , fruit,  yogurt 

lunch: oats  with p powder

Dinner: salad and a protein shake . 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not too familiar with that? 

Its just an app that is a macro tracker. All my foods (basically) are weighed on a scale and tracked so I can be more accurate, this app was just rated higher and pretty simple so I never bothered to try another.  Sounds like more of a hassle than it really is, and keeps me from underestimating how much I'm eating. I don't have a good eye for portions at all.  lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Its just an app that is a macro tracker. All my foods (basically) are weighed on a scale and tracked so I can be more accurate, this app was just rated higher and pretty simple so I never bothered to try another.  Sounds like more of a hassle than it really is, and keeps me from underestimating how much I'm eating. I don't have a good eye for portions at all.  lol

Most people aren’t, unless you’ve worked in a restaurant and had to use a portion scoop.  Then you realize that, damn, I’m not really having a serving at all but I’m having 2-3 and then going back for seconds.  

• Like 2