2023 Schedule: Week 1: Cowboys @ Giants SNF

Acgott

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

Art has been hinting about a Cowboys opener all day, so it looks true. It be our first home opener vs Dallas sense 2012. We have had 4 openers @ Dallas during that time.

Assume Dallas versus Giants is going to be on Sunday Night like it used to be for the first game of the season.

Edited by Go_Giants

We've got a wrinkle: sounds like the Giants will play the 49ers and then fly from California to Arizona for "Thursday Night Football" against the Cardinals in Glendale, Ariz. So expect Giants to take advantage of the short week and stay out there in the sun, which would eliminate one of the West Coast trips.

This would be early in the season.

The Giants will face Jordan Love and the Packers on Monday night, Dec. 11.

A Homecoming of sorts for Darren Waller is expected to happen on Nov. 5 - that's when the Giants are set to visit Allegiant Stadium just off the Las Vegas Strip, the site of Super Bowl LVIII. Big Blue will also face former defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, who was in line to return as Daboll's coordinator before he left to join Josh McDaniels and the Raiders.

The worst news of all.

The Giants won't have to travel far if they want to go to Times Square on New Year's Eve. I'm hearing they'll be playing at home at MetLife against the Los Angeles Rams

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2023/05/11/ny-giants-schedule-2023-announcement-latest-news/70203272007/

So we had the dates flipped. Sounds like the Giants will play the Cardinals first in Week 2 and then the 49ers for "Thursday Night Football" in Santa Clara, Calif. So expect Giants to take advantage of the short week and stay out there in the sun, which would eliminate one of the West Coast trips. Still working on further confirmation.

We finally get a DAL/NYG season opener at home. 

A win on opening day, at home, over a divisional rival that has had our number in recent history would be an incredible start for the 2nd season under Daboll and Schoen.

I think the Cowboys are still more talented than us overall, but I think we really have a big advantage with our coaching staff. I think getting rid of Kellen Moore was an awful decision and the Cowboys will regress this year with a worse offense. Also, who the hell is the Cowboys starting RB week 1? Is Pollard supposed to be ready to go?

Week 1: Cowboys at Giants

Sunday, Sept. 10, 8:20 p.m.

Week 2: Giants at Cardinals

Sunday, Sept. 17

Week 3: Giants at 49ers

Thursday, Sept. 21

Week 4: Seahawks at Giants

Monday, Oct. 2

Week 5: Giants at Dolphins

Sunday, Oct. 8

Week 6: Giants at Bills

Sunday, Oct. 15

Week 7: Giants at Commanders

Sunday, Oct. 22

Week 8: Jets at Giants

Sunday, Oct. 29

Week 9: Giants at Raiders

Sunday, Nov. 5

Week 10: Giants at Cowboys

Sunday, Nov. 12

Week 11: Commanders at Giants

Sunday, Nov. 19

Week 12: Patriots at Giants

Sunday, Nov. 26

Week 13: BYE

Sunday, Dec. 3

Week 14: Packers at Giants

Monday, Dec. 11

Week 15: Giants at Saints

Sunday, Dec. 17

Week 16: Giants at Eagles

Monday, Dec. 25, 4:30 p.m.

Week 17: Rams at Giants

Sunday, Dec. 31

Week 18: Eagles at Giants

Sunday, Jan. 7

Absolutely hosed them…. Good riddance because I’m a Cowboy fan, but if I’m Mara I am throwing my crap at Goodell’s office. They will be out of it before the bye with two more games versus the Eagles, who may or may not have home field already locked up. That’s the only way they make the playoffs (or Dak gets injured again).

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Absolutely hosed them…. Good riddance because I’m a Cowboy fan, but if I’m Mara I am throwing my crap at Goodell’s office. They will be out of it before the bye with two more games versus the Eagles, who may or may not have home field already locked up. That’s the only way they make the playoffs (or Dak gets injured again).

An extremely tough schedule for sure, but there are huge questions with their first few games.

1. Cowboys with a new OC

2. Kyler off ACL

3. Who knows who will be the QB of the niners

4. Does Geno magic strike twice?

It’s a long season and Giants have much better depth than they did last year. I wouldn’t eliminate them just yet.