Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

“Trust in the process” “give them time” “patriot way”

we signed a Injured QB with one of the worst injury histories (not one big injury, multiple injuries) of a starting QB in the past 10+ years and our one saving grace is there’s no cap hit if he isn’t happy and gets cut June 1st…. Leaving Brian Hoyer QB1

yup… talk about a great off-season and the FO killing it!

It's not even the fact that we signed an injury Prone quarterback. It's the fact that we signed an injury, prone quarterback, while he was injured, so someone that we are actually counting on to start. We're not even sure is going to be on the team week one if he can't pass a physical. Couple days with the fact that we signed or drafted no clear above average starters on defense and how exactly did we get better as a team?

Oh, right this is a rebuild we don't have to get better. We just need to wait until the vision is implemented. I forgot for a second.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If we cut Jimmy do we go after another QB? Trade for Trey Lance.

Bro… if we cut Jimmy G the seasons over literally before it begins.  There’s no trading for a new QB to try and resurrect the little hope we have for this season.

you don’t trade for a QB… you trade Adams immediately and salvage his value.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Bro… if we cut Jimmy G the seasons over literally before it begins.  There’s no trading for a new QB to try and resurrect the little hope we have for this season.

you don’t trade for a QB… you trade Adams immediately and salvage his value.

💯 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's not even the fact that we signed an injury Prone quarterback. It's the fact that we signed an injury, prone quarterback, while he was injured, so someone that we are actually counting on to start. We're not even sure is going to be on the team week one if he can't pass a physical. Couple days with the fact that we signed or drafted no clear above average starters on defense and how exactly did we get better as a team?

Oh, right this is a rebuild we don't have to get better. We just need to wait until the vision is implemented. I forgot for a second.

Your absolutely right.  

I previously brought up the fact that we should have renegotiated the contracts compensation, but i gotta bring it up again.

Even before the injury issue came to light I thought we overpaid him with year 2 guarantees.  It should always have been year 1 only is guaranteed.  We gave him year 2 salary fully guaranteed and he’s got this injury! That’s insane to me.

Can someone in the JMD and Zeigler can do no wrong fan club or anyone else please explain to me who else was going to sign him to a 20+M APY contract without the injury situation let alone the injury situation and being out all preseason, AT BEST!

He should have gotten a 9-10M 1 year deal.  What other team is going to sign Jimmy G to be their starter and hope he is healthy enough to play by week 1 with the risk of the entire season being ruined if he isn’t?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

💯

Could you or anyone else really fault Adams for saying trade me right now?  Honestly, I pray the guy retires a Raider but if I was him and in the later half of my prime years I don’t want Jimmy G being my QB and I certainly don’t want Brian Hoyer to be my QB.  It’s not worth the risk …. Thanks but no thanks, trade me to a contender.

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Could you or anyone else really fault Adams for saying trade me right now?  Honestly, I pray the guy retires a Raider but if I was him and in the later half of my prime years I don’t want Jimmy G being my QB and I certainly don’t want Brian Hoyer to be my QB.  It’s not worth the risk …. Thanks but no thanks, trade me to a contender.

That eye to eye quote hits a lil bit harder now he prolly knew about jimmy before us

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That eye to eye quote hits a lil bit harder now he prolly knew about jimmy before us

Oh yeah he definitely knew.  Adam’s is a professional, low key person but he had to be livid when he found out.

not to mention …. This injured QB who we gotta pray gets healthy by week 1 and has no preseason go get in sync with the teammates is why he FO choose to replace Carr, his longtime friend and the reason why he choose to get traded here.

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

If we are picking high enough for a blue chip QB I don’t see anyway McDaniels is back next season. 

I think that anything below a 7 win season and JM should be canned.  I expected to see much more in terms of progress/ talent and one can argue that the current roster is weaker overall than the one they had to start their first season.  A regression from year one to year two with the FA cash we had and a full compliment of draft capital is unacceptable in my eyes.  

We had nearly 50M to spend this offseason and walked away with zero impact players.  Our D is in shambles and not much capital was allocated to address this which is quite concerning.  It tells me one of two things about JM/DZ.  One, they purposely neglected addressing the many holes on D or two, players and agents want nothing to do with this regime.  Ether way it is not a good look.   

A bottom tier D, a porous Oline, a below average QB who is made of glass, a RB who is holding out, a HC that with .378 winning percentage for his career and a stud WR who I feel is not going to react well once this team starts to stack losses and he is not getting the rock like he is accustomed to.  

There is not much to look forward to this year other than dreaming about us being so bad we can land the next elite, stud Qb whoever that may be.  

The big question is if we are picking top 5 next year will JM survive that type of season?  My guess is no. 

Even if Jimmy G is healthy by week 1 and doesn’t have his contract voided….

What does everyone think about his ability to quickly get in sync with his teammates?

How will this affect the season?  

How many games does Jimmy G play?  Will this be a major concern all season?  Will he have lingering issues from it and possibly tweak it and miss a handful of games or more?

How much less faith now do you have in his ability to start 15-17 games?  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The big question is if we are picking top 5 next year will JM survive that type of season?  My guess is no. 

if we’re top 5 AND (key part of the equation here) are able to draft a top 2 QB (Caleb Williams of Drake Maye) I fully believe you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to fire JMD and hire a coach to pair with the QB.  You can’t waste the key first year of development in JMD’s system and with his coaching and then the next year get a new coach.  That’s a recipe for stunting the QBs growth. 

As far at the team goes… when you draft a QB you have a 5 year window of his rookie deal. You can’t afford to waste  year 1 with JMD’s roster only to get a new coach year 2 and now start replacing players with those that fit the new coaching staff.

Ideally, you draft a QB in year 2 of a coaches regime.  That allows the FO to build up the team over 2 off-seasons so the rookie QB is dropped into a team that already has the OL built up, weapons at WR/TE/RB, and a defense.  

If your picking high enough to draft a QB in the top 5 you certainly aren’t going to have everything built up, otherwise you wouldn’t be top 5, but you could certainly have drafted some pieces in year 1, retained old regime players that are on rookie deals or a few veterans are long term deals, and 2 years of free agency.  Sure you’ll have some positions that need to be strengthened in the future but your not putting a rookie QB behind an OL that’s going to get him sacked every other snap.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think that anything below a 7 win season and JM should be canned.  I expected to see much more in terms of progress/ talent and one can argue that the current roster is weaker overall than the one they had to start their first season.  A regression from year one to year two with the FA cash we had and a full compliment of draft capital is unacceptable in my eyes.  

We had nearly 50M to spend this offseason and walked away with zero impact players.  Our D is in shambles and not much capital was allocated to address this which is quite concerning.  It tells me one of two things about JM/DZ.  One, they purposely neglected addressing the many holes on D or two, players and agents want nothing to do with this regime.  Ether way it is not a good look.   

A bottom tier D, a porous Oline, a below average QB who is made of glass, a RB who is holding out, a HC that with .378 winning percentage for his career and a stud WR who I feel is not going to react well once this team starts to stack losses and he is not getting the rock like he is accustomed to.  

There is not much to look forward to this year other than dreaming about us being so bad we can land the next elite, stud Qb whoever that may be.  

If Garoppolo gets cut because he can't pass a physical I guarantee you that Mark Davis will justify it by saying "We didn't know that we wouldn't have a quarterback. That would've been hard for anyone. Remember everyone Rome wasn't built in a day." So I think Josh McDaniels will be back regardless 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

If Garoppolo gets cut because he can't pass a physical I guarantee you that Mark Davis will justify it by saying "We didn't know that we wouldn't have a quarterback. That would've been hard for anyone. Remember everyone Rome wasn't built in a day." So I think Josh McDaniels will be back regardless 

If Jimmy G gets cut and this team is picking top 3 because we didn't have a QB that is a flat out incompetent blunder. 

I also see very little chance of Jimmy G getting cut.  There is no way the Raiders would have signed him not knowing fully that he should be ready to by the start of the season.  On the slim chance he does get cut that would be a complete **** up of epic proportions.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

if we’re top 5 AND (key part of the equation here) are able to draft a top 2 QB (Caleb Williams of Drake Maye) I fully believe you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to fire JMD and hire a coach to pair with the QB.  You can’t waste the key first year of development in JMD’s system and with his coaching and then the next year get a new coach.  That’s a recipe for stunting the QBs growth. 

As far at the team goes… when you draft a QB you have a 5 year window of his rookie deal. You can’t afford to waste  year 1 with JMD’s roster only to get a new coach year 2 and now start replacing players with those that fit the new coaching staff.

Ideally, you draft a QB in year 2 of a coaches regime.  That allows the FO to build up the team over 2 off-seasons so the rookie QB is dropped into a team that already has the OL built up, weapons at WR/TE/RB, and a defense.  

If your picking high enough to draft a QB in the top 5 you certainly aren’t going to have everything built up, otherwise you wouldn’t be top 5, but you could certainly have drafted some pieces in year 1, retained old regime players that are on rookie deals or a few veterans are long term deals, and 2 years of free agency.  Sure you’ll have some positions that need to be strengthened in the future but your not putting a rookie QB behind an OL that’s going to get him sacked every other snap.

I hope that this season is a bust and we end up with the number 1 pick netting us an elite QB on par with Mahomes.  

I also hope that we can JM and land a coach similar to Kyle Shanahan in SF.  He runs such a beautiful O scheme.

Can I also ask our GM to build a bully on D?

One can dream right?  Lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I hope that this season is a bust and we end up with the number 1 pick netting us an elite QB on par with Mahomes.  

I also hope that we can JM and land a coach similar to Kyle Shanahan in SF.  He runs such a beautiful O scheme.

Can I also ask our GM to build a bully on D?

One can dream right?  Lol

That’s a lot to dream for, especially for the Raiders.  My boss has a saying “He‘d F-up a wet dream” to describe someone who can’t get out of their own way.  While it’s very plausible that we end up losing our way to drafting Williams or Maye to be our QBoF and we fire JMD to then hire a new HC whose system compliments the QB we draft…. It’s just more likely we end up worse off then we are right now and JMD is still the HC.  I’m convinced we just can’t have nice things as Raiders fans.

• Like 1