Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

You could copy and paste the same post over and over and no one will notice. 

It's a simple question.  If pesters want to dodge the question because they know Jimmy G is a below average QB and he is very likely going to fail that is one thing but there are a few outliers thinking this guy is going to be a stud and win a tremendous amount of games for us this season.  My question is what will be the metrics for one to consider Jimmy G having a "good season"?

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dr_UtZXUwAEjm7H?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nothing to see here just our starting QB consistently turning the ball over to a D that projects to be one of the worst in the NFL...  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10085297-raiders-josh-mcdaniels-has-no-concerns-about-jimmy-garoppolos-camp-interceptions

I mean what do you expect an improving defense to look like in practice? That’s what happens when you practice against you’re own team

Either the offense does great “ bad defense” or the defense shows signs of life “bad offense”

12 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I mean what do you expect an improving defense to look like in practice? That’s what happens when you practice against you’re own team

Either the offense does great “ bad defense” or the defense shows signs of life “bad offense”

My point is that it's concerning that Jimmy "the chosen one" G is turning the ball over at an alarming rate against a D that projects to be amongst the worst in the NFL.  You can say the D is improving, whatever that means as I don't think there are many people out there who project the D to finish anything above the bottom 5

I expect him to be lightening it up since he is the "chosen one" who is a "dawg".  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My point is that it's concerning that Jimmy "the chosen one" G is turning the ball over at an alarming rate against a D that projects to be amongst the worst in the NFL.  You can say the D is improving, whatever that means as I don't think there are many people out there who project the D to finish anything above the bottom 5

I expect him to be lightening it up since he is the "chosen one" who is a "dawg".  

This is a good explanation of what is happening in TC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Man it's cheesy lol.  I tried to watch Airplae, which is the same type of humor and it was terrible.  Both have not aged well IMO. 

Yeh, I haven’t seen them in ages but I guess they seem very dated now. Police Squad the series was funny in its time too

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I haven’t seen them in ages but I guess they seem very dated now. Police Squad the series was funny in its time too

There are some 80's comedies that have aged well.  Revenge of the Nerds, Vacation, Uncle Buck, Coming to America, Ghostbusters and Caddyshack, just to name a few off the top of my head. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Is it just me or when they say stuff like ‘no concerns’ then I start to get concerned 😁

Being quite raw he needs all the practice and training reps he can to aid his technique and pick up the nuances so I’m expecting a very quiet year from him tbh.

Nah dudes here will tell you he's elite and far superior to Jalen Carter already, he doesn't need to practice.

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dr_UtZXUwAEjm7H?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nothing to see here just our starting QB consistently turning the ball over to a D that projects to be one of the worst in the NFL...  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10085297-raiders-josh-mcdaniels-has-no-concerns-about-jimmy-garoppolos-camp-interceptions

In fairness this is the first camp in 10 years that they've been allowed to go after the ball. Trusted media sources saying the previous QB was shook after throwing a pick so the coaches had to beg defenders not to do it. lmfao.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In fairness this is the first camp in 10 years that they've been allowed to go after the ball. Trusted media sources saying the previous QB was shook after throwing a pick so the coaches had to beg defenders not to do it. lmfao.

I haven't seen any proof that the D wasn't allowed to go after the ball in previous years.  We all know they couldn't get after the ball once the season started because they suck but I haven't seen any proof that the D was not allowed to go after the ball, in TC with Carr on the field.  Do you have any proof of this?  I wonder if the Saints D is not, "going after the ball" because Carr is in camp and how the D would feel about that after actually getting after the ball for the last decade. I wonder if there are any reports out of Saints camp regarding this?

I'm not sure what the trusted media sources mean by "shook".  Was he pissed or disappointed in himself?  Who knows without being there to know what ones opinion of shook means.   

This season will be very telling for JM, Jimmy G and Carr as there won't be any more excuses by any of them.  

What will be your metrics for both Carr and Jimmy G to have a successful first year with their new franchise? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz