Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

What has he done to show he deserves to get paid top dollar? His numbers are very similar to what Rodgers put up last year and you guys were saying he was washed. He hasn't exactly set the league on fire.

Jordan Love's first year as a starting QB =/= Aaron Rodgers' 15th year as a starting QB

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StatKing said:

So you agree Love isn't worth 40 million a year. Glad we are on the same page.

Daniel Jones (16 games): 317-472 (67.2%), 3205 passing yards (6.8 YPA), 15 passing TD (3.2 TD%), 5 INT (1.1 INT%), 8.5% sack %, 5.89 ANY/A
Jordan Love (15 games): 321-514 (62.5%), 3587 passing yards (7.0 YPA), 27 passing TD (5.3 TD%), 11 INT (2.1 INT%), 5.3% sack %, 6.26 ANY/A

Jordan Love has been better than Daniel Jones was last year except for CMP% and INT%.  But there is a bigger gap between TD% than there is INT%.  Daniel Jones got $40M/year last offseason.  Jordan Love taking anything less than $40M/year seems like gross negligence on his agent's behalf.

Love is going to be a great QB. I was wrong. The only way I was right is if it turns out he’s actually a really streaky QB. Makes it harder, but not impossible, to win a Super Bowl with a streaky QB.

All that said, it’s still smarter to trade him than it is to extend him.

Unless he sets a new precedent and takes a salary cap percentage deal and signs a 7 year deal at 12% of the cap each year.

Right now we could let him play out his contract next year, tag him and trade him for three first round picks including a top 5 selection or even first overall.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Daniel Jones (16 games): 317-472 (67.2%), 3205 passing yards (6.8 YPA), 15 passing TD (3.2 TD%), 5 INT (1.1 INT%), 8.5% sack %, 5.89 ANY/A
Jordan Love (15 games): 321-514 (62.5%), 3587 passing yards (7.0 YPA), 27 passing TD (5.3 TD%), 11 INT (2.1 INT%), 5.3% sack %, 6.26 ANY/A

Jordan Love has been better than Daniel Jones was last year except for CMP% and INT%.  But there is a bigger gap between TD% than there is INT%.  Daniel Jones got $40M/year last offseason.  Jordan Love taking anything less than $40M/year seems like gross negligence on his agent's behalf.

Of course he should ask for more than Daniel Jones. I'll never begrudge a player for getting every dime they can. That doesn't mean we should pay him.

52 minutes ago, StatKing said:

So you agree Love isn't worth 40 million a year. Glad we are on the same page.

It's okay.  You can just say that you were wrong and all will be forgiven.  But not forgotten.

Or you can just go back to the general boards bashing everyone over here and Love again.

Because I don't know how you can be against a first year signal caller that is having a better year than Rodgers did in year one as a starter and in his last year starting here.  But, you are trying to find a way.

First he isn't good enough.  Now he isn't worth a long term investment at what is about 18-25% under the top market for QB's.  

Love is doing better than I expected, especially recently.  Still need to see his development in these last 2 games.

These next 2 games are a season on their own for Love.  Minnesota on the road in a playoff atmosphere.  How does he perform?  Can he settle in, or are we getting balls all over the place?

Then, home against Chicago.  Big rival game, will be critical for a Packer playoff shot if they beat Minn. How does he do?

At this point, I think Love has earned an extension, but he can really do himself a favor by playing well in these 2 huge games.  JMO.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It's okay.  You can just say that you were wrong and all will be forgiven.  But not forgotten.

Or you can just go back to the general boards bashing everyone over here and Love again.

Because I don't know how you can be against a first year signal caller that is having a better year than Rodgers did in year one as a starter and in his last year starting here.  But, you are trying to find a way.

First he isn't good enough.  Now he isn't worth a long term investment at what is about 18-25% under the top market for QB's.  

So Jordan Love is as good as a 40 year old with a broken thumb. Real high standard you guys have. I've never seen people so ready to crown a QB who can't even get his team to .500 in my life.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

So Jordan Love is as good as a 40 year old with a broken thumb. Real high standard you guys have. I've never seen people so ready to crown a QB who can't even get his team to .500 in my life.

Poor SK. Love's not failing as he hoped and prayed....and his other crush (other than his inflatable AR doll) is buried on the NYJs bench after stinking it up.  It's been a tough year.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Poor SK. Love's not failing as he hoped and prayed....and his other crush (other than his inflatable AR doll) is buried on the NYJs bench after stinking it up.  It's been a tough year.

The year went exactly as I said it would. You clowns were claiming we would win the division. 7-8 and you guys are celebrating.

18 minutes ago, StatKing said:

LOL.  Weak *** argument if there ever was one.

Love's stats are already better with two games to go and doing it without any vets at the skill positions and without any real play from an elite LT.

And you act like it's nothing.

Carry on.  Find another board and complain there.

• Like 3

Just now, StatKing said:

The year went exactly as I said it would. You clowns were claiming we would win the division. 7-8 and you guys are celebrating.

I dont remember *anyone* saying we were going to win the division. *Nobody*
Not with this thinned out roster, this QB in his first year....not to mention a certain DC who wasnt let go.

What we're "celebrating" (to use your term) is the progress - progress - on the offensive side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I dont remember *anyone* saying we were going to win the division. *Nobody*
Not with this thinned out roster, this QB in his first year....not to mention a certain DC who wasnt let go.

What we're "celebrating" (to use your term) is the progress - progress - on the offensive side of the ball.

What you are celebrating is mediocrity. Staring down the barrel of QB purgatory and you think it's good.