Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's an opinion. I post lot of them and I'm not "associated" with any of them.
Comments I make directly reflect my opinions or thoughts....I'm "associated" with them.  

I appreciate you putting up all sides of the issues.  It generates discussion which is why we are here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I appreciate you putting up all sides of the issues.  It generates discussion which is why we are here.

It is what it is: an opinion. He's said a lot of stuff I disagree with and that aggravates me - going back to the "AR/Gute has to be fired...the GB FO is wrong/bad/etc" stuff.....but I listen to it.

His takes on Love have evolved - as has much of national media - from "It looks like he's the guy" to the latest "He's a backup." Do I take it as gospel or even thoroughly informed opinion? No...but compared to other such platforms, the dynamic between him and McIntyre is good and its topical stuff I enjoy.

He'll interview folks I do want to hear from like Greg Cosell and solicit opinions from him that he doesnt express on his own. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

To me, it isn't about the wins, it is about how the offense looks with a different QB under center.

It is a way to evaluate both Love and MLF.

That's why I'd do consider doing it.  60 yards through the air in the first halves of games isn't getting it done.  We can see that multiple things are wrong, but a a good QB under center covers up a lot of warts.  Course, I don't feel like Clifford is a good QB, but that is why you give him a game or two, just to see.

Also?  There are plenty of ways to evaluate both Love and MLF that do not require playing Clifford.  I get that.  And that is probably what the club can and is doing.  

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's an opinion. I post lot of them and I'm not "associated" with any of them.
Comments I make directly reflect my opinions or thoughts....I'm "associated" with them.  

You're going to continue to get negative feedback on this because it's not an issue of "the other side", it's an issue of quality of content. 

There's no value added in spamming with intentionally uninsightful, reactionary hot takez. It takes up unnecessary space to scroll past. There's legitimately no reason to move widely distribute nonsense. The goal is to reduce the spread of stupidity.

If you want to consume his stupidity (or the political right's) that's your decision. Many of us come here to AVOID stupidity like Cowherd's and don't want to see it.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 4

Let’s be realistic here…

Half the people here would say Love is going to be great if he was completing under 50% and under 5 YPA even if he had Chase, Jefferson and Adams. They would blame coaching, they would blame OL, they would blame no running game.

Half the people here would say Love sucks if he was completing 60% at 6.5 YPA and he had Janis, Chatman and Schroeder.

The truth is Watson showed immense potential as a deep threat. Doubs is going to be a legit possession receiver. Reed currently has 20 receptions for 300+ yards and three touchdowns. That is extremely promising for a full season and he’s done it in half of one. Musgrave is already in the top 50 all time for rookie tight end receptions in a season. All time. Yes, already. With half a year to go.

Love is at 57.7% and 6.4 YPA.

That is easily dismissed for a rookie. Love is not a rookie.

That is easily dismissed for a first year starter with a bad defensive minded head coach. LaFleur is an offensive mind.

These are extremely legitimate concerns about Love. He has displayed zero downfield accuracy. He has failed to hit open receivers. He has no touch on ordinary throws.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're going to continue to get negative feedback on this because it's not an issue of "the other side", it's an issue of quality of content. 

There's no value added in spamming with intentionally insightful, reactionary hot takez. It takes up unnecessary space to scroll past. There's legitimately no reason to move widely distribute nonsense. The goal is to reduce the spread of stupidity.

So you dont like the guy. Fine. Opinion noted.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Let’s be realistic here…

Half the people here would say Love is going to be great if he was completing under 50% and under 5 YPA even if he had Chase, Jefferson and Adams. They would blame coaching, they would blame OL, they would blame no running game.

Half the people here would say Love sucks if he was completing 60% at 6.5 YPA and he had Janis, Chatman and Schroeder.

The truth is Watson showed immense potential as a deep threat. Doubs is going to be a legit possession receiver. Reed currently has 20 receptions for 300+ yards and three touchdowns. That is extremely promising for a full season and he’s done it in half of one. Musgrave is already in the top 50 all time for rookie tight end receptions in a season. All time. Yes, already. With half a year to go.

Love is at 57.7% and 6.4 YPA.

That is easily dismissed for a rookie. Love is not a rookie.

That is easily dismissed for a first year starter with a bad defensive minded head coach. LaFleur is an offensive mind.

These are extremely legitimate concerns about Love. He has displayed zero downfield accuracy. He has failed to hit open receivers. He has no touch on ordinary throws.

And the smart people here say, I haven't seen enough that I'm sitting cozy at home knowing the next franchise QB is in GB for a decade, nor have I seen enough to tell me that I should be studying tape on this QB class.

Right now Jordan has had ups and downs, but his supporting cast at WR/OL/TE/RB has been a majority down. Until that changes, you cannot evaluate any QB, from Mahomes to Peterman properly. 

He's shown enough to me to say he's earned this year and next. If he'd sign a 4/120 type extension, I think I'd do it as 30m per gives us a lot of room to build a team around him. Anything more and I'm waiting until next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't know anything about the guy, I don't like his brand of entertainment. It's not like he actually believes anything he says. So it's totally uninteresting.

Geeeezzzz Incog....so you dont like the guy. Fine. Opinion noted #3. 

p.s. I dont know him either and I highly doubt anybody who posts here does either.