Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I know an expert who can! He'll make his way in here soon enough. 

Who was that backup Jaguar who had that incredible preseason play where he threw an incredible TD pass while getting sacked?

Your BS is getting old. I’ve acknowledged Love has shown some incredible flashes. That literally doesn’t matter if he can’t do normal things well.

Drew Brees never made 20 incredible physical plays in his career, yet he did everything else so flawlessly that he’s a top 30 all-time QB.

From literally day one I have acknowledged the awe-inspiring plays Love has made.

Dan Orlovsky, who is literally a professional, just perfectly encapsulated my entire point. He said that the only thing that separates the backups from the top 15-32 starting quarterbacks in this league is consistency. If you’re not consistent in this league, you don’t have it. So Love can consistently have five incredible plays per game, but if he doesn’t have 15 consistently good plays, he’s not the future.

Your entire argument is predicated on insults and baseless accusations. You’re incapable of having a legitimate conversation.

Literally all jokes aside, I’m not one of those who just says **** and doesn’t back it up. I haven’t been remotely unrealistic in this entire conversation and all you do is insult and deride me rather than my argument.

You are the epitome of a company man and you’re incapable of seeing legitimate faults with Gute, LaFleur, Love or anything whatsoever because you’re blinded by keeping the faith in an organization that has failed for the past 12 years.

I was literally right about reading Rodgers 7 years ago. If Super Bowls are the goal, we literally could not have been worse since the minute I suggested moving on from Rodgers, but you’ve ridiculed and derided every single solitary time. I was right.

I was right about Goff. I was right about Wentz. You’ve continued to neglect and ignore Love’s four years of preparation as a valid mark against him. You are incapable of a legitimate conversation and you cite an admittedly great play as evidence of greatness while neglecting dozens of poor plays as evidence for concern.

You go ahead and sprout that great play and continue ignoring game ending interceptions, egregiously bad misses on wide open receivers, a terrible deep ball accuracy, and first half completion percentage that would make Brett Hundley look good in a first half comparison.

Grow up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Who was that backup Jaguar who had that incredible preseason play where he threw an incredible TD pass while getting sacked?

Your BS is getting old. I’ve acknowledged Love has shown some incredible flashes. That literally doesn’t matter if he can’t do normal things well.

Drew Brees never made 20 incredible physical plays in his career, yet he did everything else so flawlessly that he’s a top 30 all-time QB.

From literally day one I have acknowledged the awe-inspiring plays Love has made.

Dan Orlovsky, who is literally a professional, just perfectly encapsulated my entire point. He said that the only thing that separates the backups from the top 15-32 starting quarterbacks in this league is consistency. If you’re not consistent in this league, you don’t have it. So Love can consistently have five incredible plays per game, but if he doesn’t have 15 consistently good plays, he’s not the future.

Your entire argument is predicated on insults and baseless accusations. You’re incapable of having a legitimate conversation.

Literally all jokes aside, I’m not one of those who just says **** and doesn’t back it up. I haven’t been remotely unrealistic in this entire conversation and all you do is insult and deride me rather than my argument.

You are the epitome of a company man and you’re incapable of seeing legitimate faults with Gute, LaFleur, Love or anything whatsoever because you’re blinded by keeping the faith in an organization that has failed for the past 12 years.

I was literally right about reading Rodgers 7 years ago. If Super Bowls are the goal, we literally could not have been worse since the minute I suggested moving on from Rodgers, but you’ve ridiculed and derided every single solitary time. I was right.

I was right about Goff. I was right about Wentz. You’ve continued to neglect and ignore Love’s four years of preparation as a valid mark against him. You are incapable of a legitimate conversation and you cite an admittedly great play as evidence of greatness while neglecting dozens of poor plays as evidence for concern.

You go ahead and sprout that great play and continue ignoring game ending interceptions, egregiously bad misses on wide open receivers, a terrible deep ball accuracy, and first half completion percentage that would make Brett Hundley look good in a first half comparison.

Grow up.

I don't think he was even talking about you man, I think he was referring to the king of stats

My point remains. Love has made some ****ing incredible throws. Throws that make me think he could be the next great one.

In the same game, he’s made like four or five throws that make me think he could be the next Wentz.

Acting like he’s the next Mahomes is just as stupid as acting like he’s the next JP Losman.

There are serious causes for concern, and we need another year before we give him anything close to a significant contract.

• Like 2

Just now, MacReady said:

My point remains. Love has made some ****ing incredible throws. Throws that make me think he could be the next great one.

In the same game, he’s made like four or five throws that make me think he could be the next Wentz.

Acting like he’s the next Mahomes is just as stupid as acting like he’s the next JP Losman.

There are serious causes for concern, and we need another year before we give him anything close to a significant contract.

I'd agree with this, consistency is a huge problem right now.  We have not scored a first half touchdown since the New Orleans game.  That's 4 games where we've put up a total of 9 points in the first half.  that's really, really bad and Love has been a big part of that.  

If he was willing to sign a 4-year 10million/yr contract right now, would you do it?

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

I'd agree with this, consistency is a huge problem right now.  We have not scored a first half touchdown since the New Orleans game.  That's 4 games where we've put up a total of 9 points in the first half.  that's really, really bad and Love has been a big part of that.  

If he was willing to sign a 4-year 10million/yr contract right now, would you do it?

So fast I’d be scared the ink would be smudged and wouldn’t hold up in court.

Same with a 4 year, 20 million per year contract.

I’d sign him right now at a guaranteed 10% of the salary cap in a split second.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

10 million was probably way too low.  

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I wouldn't sign him yet .. not until he shows the kind of consistency we need to see from him.  I don't want to waste more time on him if he shows himself incapable of doing the things needed to win football games.  I'm good with giving him all of 2023, but if the progression just isn't there I'd move on, or at least bring in serious competition this off-season via the draft.  

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wouldn't sign him yet .. not until he shows the kind of consistency we need to see from him.  I don't want to waste more time on him if he shows himself incapable of doing the things needed to win football games.  I'm good with giving him all of 2023, but if the progression just isn't there I'd move on, or at least bring in serious competition this off-season via the draft.  

If we had him at 20 million per, there’s no way we screw up our roster so badly that he’s not good enough.

Some people might use our terrible cap situation as an excuse for Love. That’s not valid because this is the cap situation we’re in if he gets paid. More or less.

20 million per and you can live with it if he’s not the one.