2023: Offense

onejayhawk

39 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Like Toney clearly lined up offsides, and instead of holding the WRs accountable for their terrible play all season, the powers that be publicly take it out on the refs instead…

My concern is the reports that Toney asked if he was good. If true, either the ref didn’t tell him and then flagged him for it or Toney just didn’t adjust after being told he was offsides.

I saw one clip this morning “showing proof” that Toney didn’t ask. But that video was cut short on the front end and didn’t show Toney lining up; only just before the snap. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

My concern is the reports that Toney asked if he was good. If true, either the ref didn’t tell him and then flagged him for it or Toney just didn’t adjust after being told he was offsides.

I saw one clip this morning “showing proof” that Toney didn’t ask. But that video was cut short on the front end and didn’t show Toney lining up; only just before the snap. 

Yeah, so far we only have about 6 seconds of presnap footage. So we just don't know yet.

I dont really care about the complaining though, tbh. They were emotional 30 minutes after the loss. They've earned for me that for all the times both Pat and Andy have been model citizens.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yeah but it was very obvious, this isn’t grade school, lining up properly is day one stuff. We are not owed a warning, idc what is normally done or not. 

Like everybody In the NFL verse can see the WRs are a big problem, but it seems like we’re wasting more energy blaming everything else. Combine that with MVS acting like he’s doing nothing wrong before the game, 

What gets me is that Pat will constantly call for flags if he gets roughed up slightly,  beg for penalties downfield. But then he wants to cry about an easy to see penalty because you ‘gotta let ‘em play it out’ just comes off as pathetic crying. 

22 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but it was very obvious, this isn’t grade school, lining up properly is day one stuff. We are not owed a warning, idc what is normally done or not

I’m not focused on the warning or lack of. Just did the ref tell Toney he was good and then flag him or did Toney just not listen to the ref to adjust. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

What gets me is that Pat will constantly call for flags if he gets roughed up slightly,  beg for penalties downfield. But then he wants to cry about an easy to see penalty because you ‘gotta let ‘em play it out’ just comes off as pathetic crying. 

You do realize that's, basically, every top QB right? You think Josh Allen throwing himself on the ground when he gets a bump isn't odd? And he's my #2 fave QB.

There's nothing happening here that hasn't been happening for years, it's just a magnifying glass on it cuz we're the new Patriots/Villains.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welp this offense is uh, a train wreck? Idk, I’m trying not to overreact but uh the Raiders only scored 6 points, AOC didn’t complete a pass for 3 quarters, and we lost. I hate to say broken but…

It’s like the whole offense too, from the minor stuff like motions and positioning,  to catching passes, Mahomes is even making mistakes at a higher clip than ever before unnecessarily. Kelce looks like he’s retiring soon, and Rice is nice but he’s not even at a Juju level rn. 

I saw signs of this in 2021, when they had Tyreek and I was railing for Reid to go. Ofc egg on my face that very next season, but now they’ve reverted to an even worse place. Idk know how this is fixable, nobody really seems to know either. I keep expecting a light to turn on, but at this point there doesn’t seem to be a light switch available rn. 

Seems like the simplification of the offense was a good idea. 

we just have to play within ourselves, this ain’t 2018 we don’t have the horses necessary for a constant downfield attack. Just run the ball a ton and attack deep when you see single coverage to keep them honest. I dont remember a trick play yesterday. 

Can we just cut MVS? I feel like he’s a net negative for the offense and the WR Room at this point. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Six FG is not a good sign. We need to score TD in the red zone. 

At least we scored. Baby steps, normally we can’t even get to a spot where we can kick a Fg.