Camp/OTA News

ET80

6 hours ago, tab said:

this is getting to the point where i will be hurt if it doesnt happen lol

It’s why I’m cautiously pessimistic - I’m still thinking KC. I just don’t want to see Cleveland, that’s gonna hurt our FRP.

Apparently Nuk has visit scheduled with Pats?? I call BS.. Chicago "reporter" talking about Pats?

Also does Nuk need a separate thread as this was supposed to be about Texans' Camp.

Technically IIRC Nuk visited with Texans first. Not sure if they talked shop or just a friendly visit.

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Also does Nuk need a separate thread as this was supposed to be about Texans' Camp.

I think we can keep it here or add to the 2023 free agent thread - no need to start a new thread for a guy who is likely to sign with another team.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It didn’t take long for Stroud to take over the QB job. Mills is that bad, that they couldn’t even make Stroud “earn it” a few weeks 😂

Davis Mills is who he is - he’s got a long career as a backup QB, making a few million a year for 6-7 years - so he’s going to be a multi-millionaire before he’s 30. He’s a Stanford graduate so he will have no real shortage of opportunities after life in the NFL; This is assuming he doesn’t land on a coaching staff at either the college or pro level, which also ends up paying in the millions if he does well enough (which he will - we can all agree he’s football smart, but he simply can’t play when the bullets are flying). 

I say all of that to say this: Davis Mills is living one *charmed* life. He may suck at football, but he’s winning at life. 

And I’m happy for him. 😊

• Like 1

I was thinking about our WR group. Could Nico be our go to guy this year?

last year he was on pace to double his yards when he got hurt. If he plays 17 games then he’s in the 800-900 yard range going into year 3. We are in much better shape roster wise this year. We still don’t have a number 1 guy. This could be a chance for him to take the next step. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was thinking about our WR group. Could Nico be our go to guy this year?

last year he was on pace to double his yards when he got hurt. If he plays 17 games then he’s in the 800-900 yard range going into year 3. We are in much better shape roster wise this year. We still don’t have a number 1 guy. This could be a chance for him to take the next step. 

I gotta think that is the game plan.

IIRC Nico was a Pep recommendation from their Michigan days.... so I think it is a short pier.

If Nico ain't doing at the beginning of the season, then I think Nick calls the Bucs.

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

I really hate them. They tweet comments from 6 or 7 coaches and combine it into one tweet to make it seem as each rookie is balling. 

Yeah I don’t buy anything said about the Texans during OTAs or camp because they are wrong every year.