Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

5 top 10 teams teams lost but all of the bottom 5 teams lost. Nothing is rocking the boat quite yet.

Week 2 Power Rankings:

1. Hamilton Hornets (1-0, LW:3) - After the top 2 fall, with #1 being at their own hands, the Hornets take over the top spot.
2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (1-0, LW:4) - Top of the standings on point differential. Beat a lesser team but it's not their fault they didn't play a better team.
3. Indianapolis Predators (1-0, LW:7) - Impressive win vs a top 5 team. A win vs the Royals would do a lot for their chances.
4. Tokyo Samurai (1-0, LW:13) - The biggest jump of the week after beating the #2 ranked team and conference champions on the road.
5. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (1-0, LW:10) - Big statement win vs a top 10 team. Next they get Egypt and one of their stellar starts should continue.
6. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (1-0, LW:12) - They beat the Champs on their hangover post-banner-raising. A game vs Scranton likely keeps them up high for at least another week.
7. Hanoi Viet Kongs (0-1, LW:1) - Slow start for Burrow and the Hamilton defense is too much. No shame in this loss so their skid stops here.
8. Anchorage Amphibians (0-1, LW:2) - Tough loss. They still haven't gotten over their championship loss but they are good enough to bounce back, or break through the Copenhagen Tables like they are the Bills Mafia.
9. New Zealand Blobfish (0-1, LW:5) - A tough loss but to a team not much lower than them. The game vs Greenland should show where both those teams stand.
10. Little Rock Uni Royals (0-1, LW:6) - Unlike last year, a road loss to the Ice Orcas is not an embarrassment. They continue their road trip vs the Predators.
11. Reykjavík Direwolves (1-0, LW:8) - Solid win. They oddly drop but for this week the losing teams in the top 6 get some benefit of the doubt. Next up they get a chance to prove it vs the #1 ranked team.
12. Burlington Sock Puppets (1-0, LW:11) - Wins don't come much easier than this. They drop down only because of more impressive wins from teams below them.
13. Wattsville Waste Walruses (0-1, LW:9) - A bittersweet banner raising day. A harsh drop for the champs but this is simply for the fact that the top 15 looks so great early on.
14. Egypt Starfalls (1-0, LW:14) - Egypt was the preseason dark horse. Staying low for now but watch out.
15. Greenland Polar Bears (1-0, LW:15) - Gutsy comeback but it shouldn't have come to that.
16. Freiburg Venom (0-1, LW:16) - An unfortunate loss but there were worse teams this week.
17. Lancaster Fighting Amish (0-1, LW:17) - Kept it close vs a decent team.
18. Berlin Beer Bellies (0-1, LW:18) - The (Polar) Bears are who they thought they were, and they let them off the hook.
19. Copenhagen Tables (0-1, LW:19) - Biggest loss of the week to a great team.
20. Scranton Papermakers (0-1, LW:20) - 2nd biggest loss of the week to a team that is likely worse than who the Tables played.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 3

I'm pretty surprised by my ranking, but I get it's tough to compete without an elite QB. I love my team though. Unfortunately I'm just not sure how much the "little things" like coaching staff, offensive line, special teams, and FB matter in this league. I wish I had a better QB and an edge capable of putting up 10+ sacks. 

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I'm pretty surprised by my ranking, but I get it's tough to compete without an elite QB. I love my team though. Unfortunately I'm just not sure how much the "little things" like coaching staff, offensive line, special teams, and FB matter in this league. I wish I had a better QB and an edge capable of putting up 10+ sacks. 

Start Young!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Look at my starting S25 team. The similarities are scary and I felt I could be a darkhorse for the playoffs. I was a clear bottom 5 team all year even if I didn't tank. Your team probably has more potential this year than mine did though. But at the same time, I think there are more contenders this year than last so the middle of the pack is closer to breaking through than collapsing. I also didn't get blown out too often pre über tank, but it was usually feeling like an L was coming. Well see but Geno ain't it with only 1 great IRL year followong by many poor statlines. He protneeds 1 more season of good stats before his sim stats are more in line with his current play.

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Look at my starting S25 team. The similarities are scary and I felt I could be a darkhorse for the playoffs. I was a clear bottom 5 team all year even if I didn't tank. Your team probably has more potential this year than mine did though. But at the same time, I think there are more contenders this year than last so the middle of the pack is closer to breaking through than collapsing. I also didn't get blown out too often pre über tank, but it was usually feeling like an L was coming. Well see but Geno ain't it with only 1 great IRL year followong by many poor statlines. He protneeds 1 more season of good stats before his sim stats are more in line with his current play.

I don't disagree about Geno and where he's at in the sim, but I think my surrounding talent blows your S25 team out of the water. 

18 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I'm in the same boat. I love my roster despite knowing that they'll likely lose a handful of close games and finish on the outside.

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

It probably does happen at some point this season.

I'm always curious as to how the top prospects will perform. I don't think he'll be a clear-cut upgrade over Geno, but having a capable 1 tag starter at QB would be huge for the next few seasons.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm always curious as to how the top prospects will perform. I don't think he'll be a clear-cut upgrade over Geno, but having a capable 1 tag starter at QB would be huge for the next few seasons.

Maybe forever with a 2 tag multiple qb system

I had a few better guys on O and D before I traded them away. Like I said they were similar but your was probably a bit better. WR were Chase, Drake, Aiyuk. RB were Mixon and Hall, TE Hockenson. The line was better before I swapped their positions around to save tag space. My Front 7 sucked a ton though especially when I took Josh Allen out and moved ppl to dumb spots. I also traded my starting safety which moved Peterson there and had me pick up Marco Wilson. Pre-tank, your team does not blow mine out of the water.