OTA's

Texas_OutLaw7

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Jerry sweating the $30m/yr he’s gonna pay Micah and CD down the road vs. paying his 8x All-Pro now kinda goes against the grain of his “I'd do anything know to man to get to Super Bowl” lip service. 

But, I do get it in a roundabout way.

They could do all 3 if they knew how to manage the cap better.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Jerry sweating the $30m/yr he’s gonna pay Micah and CD down the road vs. paying his 8x All-Pro now kinda goes against the grain of his “I'd do anything know to man to get to Super Bowl” lip service. 

But, I do get it in a roundabout way.

No it makes zero sense. Parsons is only two years into a 4 year contract that has a 5th year option. Between the 5th year option and the lower cap hits in the first year or two of a long term deal, Parsons big cap hits wont be an issue for another 5 or 6 seasons. Martin will be on his way out then.  

Parsons cap hit is 4.6 this year, 5.4 next year, then he has a 5th year option, then you have him on a long term deal that is probably cap friendly for years 1 and 2. 

Parsons money won’t effect Martin at all. 

Daks cap hit is 60 million next season. That’s where the issue is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D82 said:

They could do all 3 if they knew how to manage the cap better.

You've touched on something that could be debated and critiqued for pages.  What I find interesting is that the majority of social media posts I've read on the subject of Martin's contract are firmly in Jerry's camp, i.e. Martin signed a contract and should honor the terms of said contract.  Call me a cynic, but should Matt Farniok or someone else end up starting multiple games in Martin's absence I think the court of public opinion will change to hysterical pleas of get Martin in there.  Dallas has some concerns but they are a legit contender.  A prolonged absence by Martin won't have a positive impact on the club.