OTA's

Texas_OutLaw7

I am just kinda of tired of all the hype on players so far who have yet to play a down in a Cowboy uni.  Granted I do feel the high expectations of our D is warranted but man let them perform on the field first. We have a lot of unproven parts that are expected to shine.   Will Gilmore really be elite opposite Diggs.   Will Diggs be able to put together the best parts of the last two years without the worst.  Will Bland really be a legit CB.  Who is going to step up besides LVE and Clark.  How long tell LVE is hurt.  Is Smith and Hawkins really going to solve the huge issue our D has had in being able to stop the run when it really counts.    Are we really counting on Tyron and Steele to play 14 games next year and be 100% at seasons end when it really counts. Can Pollard really run it between the tackles all season then still have the speed and elusiveness on the edge.  Huh Vaughn hasn’t yet played a down so is he really the next Sproles.     Will Cooks show the speed once the pads come on and be a threat to get a 1000 yard.   What version of Gallup are we getting 2021 or 2022.  
Oh ourstarting TE’s have 277 career receiving yards. And who is our kicker????    
A couple of failures of above to match the hype we seem to be getting would mean the 12-5 I expect is a pipe dream.   

Edited by quiller

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Cowboys’ Zack Martin unhappy with contract, considering not reporting to camp

Martin, a six-time first-team All-Pro guard, is set to earn $13.5 million in 2023.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2023/07/19/cowboys-zack-martin-unhappy-with-contract-considering-not-reporting-to-camp-per-report/

Huh...that's interesting. Wouldn't figure Martin to be that kinda guy.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What “kinda guy” is that?

When he signed his extension back in 2018, it was considered "team-friendly". I dunno, just didn't seem like he'd be someone to hold out for a new deal. 

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

When he signed his extension back in 2018, it was considered "team-friendly". I dunno, just didn't seem like he'd be someone to hold out for a new deal. 

Zach Martin signed the richest guard contract in the history of football in 2018.

The market says he’s is worth ~50% more than he’s getting paid right now. Using his leverage to get a much-deserved raise doesn’t make him any kinda person except a rational one.

On 7/19/2023 at 12:18 PM, DaBoys said:

Gotta pay him. 

On 7/19/2023 at 2:50 PM, D82 said:

Oh without a doubt. He's more than earned it. 

On 7/19/2023 at 2:49 PM, Northland said:

Agree.  Don't fart around with Martin.

Easy decision right? Well of course Jerry  says otherwise. Even if it is just negotiation strategy he obviously seems content with farting around with Martin. 

When asked today if there has been any progress on the negotiations, Jones alluded that it's at a stall going into week two.

"Nothing," Jones said. "He'll come to camp when he comes to camp. There's no resolution. There are a lot of consequences if he doesn't. We all know what those are."

"He's been at the top of the money the whole time," he said. "If you make that adjustment, then you don't have the money to pay the guys on their first contract. It has nothing to do with him."

"It's not about precedent, it's about facts. We need the money to pay Parsons. We need the money to pay the players that we got to pay in the future. That's a fact."

With the holdout set to extend into the padded practices, which kick off Monday, Jones says that he doesn't see a timeline for his return.

"No, I don't know when he will report," he said. "It's punitive on him."