OTA's

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I'm hoping Waletzko shows something.  Nothing analytical here just a gut feeling. I thought he had solid athleticism for OT when he was drafted and was upset for him re the shoulder injury.  Fingers crossed.

If he could turn into something at LG that would work great for us.

17 hours ago, Northland said:

I'm hoping Waletzko shows something.  Nothing analytical here just a gut feeling. I thought he had solid athleticism for OT when he was drafted and was upset for him re the shoulder injury.  Fingers crossed.

Solid athleticism? Dude is actually a freak.

I think letting Steele walk and having Waletzko take over at RT in 2024 is as realistic a future as any.

14 hours ago, D82 said:

If he could turn into something at LG that would work great for us.

Waletzko is  6’7.5” with 36”+ arms. That man is a tackle.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think letting Steele walk and having Waletzko take over at RT in 2024 is as realistic a future as any.

If he has added weight then let’s go. He looked more like a basketball player to me at 6’8” 310, but he flirted with a sub 5 second forty. Athleticism is there but I feel like a rail thin FCS project that needed play strength coming out might take some more time. I’m a doubting Thomas until I see some preseason snaps.

I also don’t see how someone who is 6’8” and struggled with pad level coming out is going to succeed inside at guard. 

This left guard talk reminds me a lot of the WR talk last season when they were hyping up Noah Brown in OTAs 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Oh, sure...his best fit long-term is likely at tackle...but if he could at least fill in adequately at LG this season and give the team a year to figure out what they want to do with Steele at RT...would be a nice option. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If he has added weight then let’s go. He looked more like a basketball player to me at 6’8” 310, but he flirted with a sub 5 second forty. Athleticism is there but I feel like a rail thin FCS project that needed play strength coming out might take some more time. I’m a doubting Thomas until I see some preseason snaps.

That’s totally fair, I agree. I’m not banking on him, just trying to play out scenarios for RT in 2024. Is it more likely they re-sign Steele or Tyron? Maybe. Nothing seems like an even a 50/50 shot, it wouldn’t be a complete shocker for Waletzko to develop into that guy.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Oh, sure...his best fit long-term is likely at tackle...but if he could at least fill in adequately at LG this season and give the team a year to figure out what they want to do with Steele at RT...would be a nice option. 

I don’t see how he can hold up inside. He will lose the battle of leverage against DTs.