Who will win the AFC North in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the AFC North in 2023?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC North in 2023?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

58 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the Bengals had the lowest blitz percentage in the division and the highest pressure percentage.

If fact, the Bengals were 13th league wide in pressure percentage, the rest of the division was bottom 8 in the NFL.

Their QB knockdown percentage (12.2%) was almost double the Ravens (6.4%) and was more than double the Browns (5.2%) and a long way ahead of the Steelers (7.4%). But if sacks is the only way you know to tell if there is pressure that affects the game then that won't mean anything to you.

I appreciate these stats, though, the Bengals are certainly an interesting defense in terms of how they get it done. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the Bengals had the lowest blitz percentage in the division and the highest pressure percentage.

If fact, the Bengals were 13th league wide in pressure percentage, the rest of the division was bottom 8 in the NFL.

Their QB knockdown percentage (12.2%) was almost double the Ravens (6.4%) and was more than double the Browns (5.2%) and a long way ahead of the Steelers (7.4%). But if sacks is the only way you know to tell if there is pressure that affects the game then that won't mean anything to you.

The Ravens had 51 more defensive plays than the Bengals. They gave up 28 more first downs. Can you figure out why they had more plays?

The Bengals led the NFL in passer rating against. Browns were 11th. Steelers 12th and Ravens 16th. I guess maybe that pressure thing works even if you don't get sacks?

Ravens were clearly the best against the run but the Bengals were still top 5 in the NFL in rushing yards against.

So again, Bengals deserve to be better than 3rd, either 1st or 2nd.

Let. Him. Cook!

On 6/29/2023 at 3:49 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

DJ Reader is definitely an elite player. He is the best IDL in the division, which has quite a few good players. I think he’s slightly better than Cam Heyward at this rate. 

I understand being biased to the teams in your own state or fan base and DJ Reader is a good player, but cmon man. DJ reader is no where near the best IDL in the division. Cam Heyward just had a 10.5 sack season and graded out as a top 5 DT once again. 6 pro bowls and 3 all pros to his name while Reader has zero accolades. Cam is by far the benchmark for IDL in that division. If you disagree please explain otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 3:21 PM, Steelkillin said:

I understand being biased to the teams in your own state or fan base and DJ Reader is a good player, but cmon man. DJ reader is no where near the best IDL in the division. Cam Heyward just had a 10.5 sack season and graded out as a top 5 DT once again. 6 pro bowls and 3 all pros to his name while Reader has zero accolades. Cam is by far the benchmark for IDL in that division. If you disagree please explain otherwise.

Considering Cam went to Ohio State, I’d say a good portion of Browns fans like him infinitely more. Accusing someone of in state bias and dropping an OSU legends name is something. :) 

• Like 1