2023 NBA Summer League

11sanchez11

22 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Champs baby! Can’t wait for the parade 

Amazing. I’m sorry, but I don’t see how the Cavs don’t win between 72-77 games this year after dominating the Summer League like that. Emoni Bates is a sneaky pick for MVP this upcoming season. His odds are really low for some reason. 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I guess that's more impressive than Jabari Smith averaging over 35 then.

And I wasn't aware that 24.9 = 30.

And that these other players didn't exist:
https://www.nba.com/2023-summer-league-vegas-player-stats

You can be excited about Keyonte George without making stuff up.

lol, the 24.9 is minutes per game.  He averaged 21 points.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Good catch. Worse than I thought!

38 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

lol, the 24.9 is minutes per game.  He averaged 21 points.  

You two do realize that he got hurt almost immediately in his third game which skewed his PPG and MPG, right? It'd help if you actually watched the games instead of box score scouting. 

Here are some highlights since I know neither of you watched. I understand for you though @Sllim Pickens because having to watch Cade for a couple of years would make me hate ball too.

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I tried telling @NYRaiderGeorge is going to be a good player in the league and the Jazz made a good pick.  Jazz low key has a sneaky good roster.  Wouldnt be shocked if they are this year's Kings.

No. I like the Jazz as a young team with great pieces and parts, but they are way too young & lack a superstar. I did love their pick of Hendricks & it seems like George is also gonna be good.

@NYRaider, I didn’t really scout George so I can’t speak on him. But I watched a ton of summer league & yeah George was great. But the best player in SL and it’s not close? That’s the dumbest comment you made yesterday & that’s saying something. He was in a long line of players that we’re excellent in SL. He didn’t set himself apart from the field like you seem to be indicating. I know making rational posts about your team is hard, but it’s worth a try. 

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No. I like the Jazz as a young team with great pieces and parts, but they are way too young & lack a superstar. I did love their pick of Hendricks & it seems like George is also gonna be good.

@NYRaider, I didn’t really scout George so I can’t speak on him. But I watched a ton of summer league & yeah George was great. But the best player in SL and it’s not close? That’s the dumbest comment you made yesterday & that’s saying something. He was in a long line of players that we’re excellent in SL. He didn’t set himself apart from the field like you seem to be indicating. I know making rational posts about your team is hard, but it’s worth a try. 

Lauri Markkanen was a vote away from being All-NBA last year putting up prime Dirk numbers. 

There you go, you shouldn't be speaking on a player that you did not watch. George was out there hooping, dude looked like prime Steph.

We essentially already have our core.

George - Young Steph Curry

Agbaji - Young Danny Green

Hendricks - Young Jerami Grant

Lauri - Young Dirk

Kessler - Young Marc Gasol Jr

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lauri Markkanen was a vote away from being All-NBA last year putting up prime Dirk numbers. 

There you go, you shouldn't be speaking on a player that you did not watch. George was out there hooping, dude looked like prime Steph.

Ahhh gotcha. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic until just now. My bad!