2023 NBA Summer League

11sanchez11

We are absolutely setting the game back generations.    3 shot-clock violations, 1  5-sec violation on an inbounds, 2 goal tends,  countless bricks and an offense predicated on 4 players standing around outside passing it around until someone realizes (or doesn't) the shot clock is at 1.

Brandon Miller and Kai Jones aren't playing in SL anymore and rest of team looks like they just went ahead and shut it down too.

Other than James Nnaji we are ******* embarrassing

Edited by Kampfgeist

Not sure if anybody else who watches NCAA more can clue me in, but Craig Porter Jr. from Wichita State has been really good so far for the Cavs.

He just dropped 22pt (9-15), 8rbs, 6ast, 3stl, 1blk. He seems to play very under control and his game feels like it is very mature for the summer league.

Ausar can play, man. He's done everything on the court you can do in these games. Hittin threes, reverse jams, blocking 7-footers, full-court dimes. Detroit sports radio has "it's only summer league" on a loop, but it's obvious he's a star. I didn't see Amen in that one game, but I guess he was good too, these brothers are gonna be big

Edited by Superduperman

I know nobody is declaring superstardom yet, but the only thing Summer League tells me about a player is that if they’re consistently producing, they probably aren’t an epic bust.

Nobody can be considered a star in summer league, but they has better produce in at least their specialty area (shooting, passing, rebounding, blocking shots, etc…)

• Like 1