Let's chat about Mike Vrabel...

ET80

11 hours ago, amazingandre said:

If Smith and OB are retained, I would still like to see Vrabel relieved of his duties. The guy has been atrocious all season

At the absolute least, he should be demoted back to LB coach. The secondary is an absolute mess, and while some of it has to do with quality of talent, you've got to be able to scheme around that in SOME way.

I think you send a message by firing him (Smith should be really be the one who is fired, but I digress).

MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Lions have requested permission to interview Texans DC Mike Vrabel.

It is another former Patriot linked with the Lions to go along with current Patriots DC Matt Patricia -- GM Bob Quinn spent 16 years in New England. Houston's defense took a step back under Vrabel this season, his first as coordinator, but he can lay at least some of the blame on injuries. A hot coaching prospect, it seems like just a matter of time before Vrabel lands a lead job.

The Colts have been granted permission to interview Texans DC Mike Vrabel for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

Vrabel was promoted from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator before the 2017 season. His defense was absolutely wretched across the board, but Vrabel has been given a pass due to numerous personnel injuries. What matters most to NFL decision makers is the perception of Vrabel, and he is highly regarded in league circles. He is also getting interest for the Lions' coaching vacancy.

Archived