Week 14 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4) vs. Seattle Seahawks (8-4)

.Buzz

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That is good news to see the OL back together but not about Telvin

This is an important game and all but if Telvin isn't 100% don't throw him out there.

The defense should be able to manage without him for another game if need be. Not ideal, especially against Wilson, but he is going to make plays regardless. The offense needs to step up and play more like they did against IND than against ARI if we want any chance in this game regardless of how well the defense plays imo.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This is an important game and all but if Telvin isn't 100% don't throw him out there.

The defense should be able to manage without him for another game if need be. Not ideal, especially against Wilson, but he is going to make plays regardless. The offense needs to step up and play more like they did against IND than against ARI if we want any chance in this game regardless of how well the defense plays imo.

Its the Wilson part that worries me. Telvin would be a great spy

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its the Wilson part that worries me. Telvin would be a great spy

Obviously our chances with Telvin make our chances of winning far greater. But I don't care to rush him back from something like this. Sure doesn't seem like he's ready.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Obviously our chances with Telvin make our chances of winning far greater. But I don't care to rush him back from something like this. Sure doesn't seem like he's ready.

Absolutely agree just saying. Whether its an eye on Wilson or Graham, Telvin is a huge part of our game plan 

On 2017-12-08 at 5:41 PM, .Buzz said:

Yeah. Exactly. It'd be so much better if we had him healthy and available. But if not, you've gotta live to fight another day. Head injuries ain't nothin' to **** with. 

45 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Head injuries ain't nothin' to **** with. 

100%

With all I know about head injuries - plus seeing what happened to Clint Session - I’ll take the loss by the team as long as Telvin is okay long term.

15 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If Telvin can’t go, thoughts on just putting Bouye or Colvin on Graham?

There are a lot of different ways i could see them approaching it.  Honestly, getting Jack on him a fair bit seems like it might be the best bet to me.  He's the only guy who might have the size+athletic ability combo to hang with him somewhat.  And considering we're gonna have Poz playing significant snaps anyway, one way or another...you want to get out ahead of it to make sure that is not a thing that happens.  But i'm not sure just how much shuffling you actually want to do to make any of this stuff happen...vs just letting it ride by committee, play it as it lies or whatever.  Some mix of DBs and LBers, and zones as it goes, and hope it doesn't completely ruin us.  Trying to get too cute to play around one particular matchup runs the risk of getting away from what they've done well.

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Honestly, getting Jack on him a fair bit seems like it might be the best bet to me.  He's the only guy who might have the size+athletic ability combo to hang with him somewhat.  And considering we're gonna have Poz playing significant snaps anyway, one way or another...you want to get out ahead of it to make sure that is not a thing that happens. 

I don’t disagree. I’m just then completely unsure how they handle containing Wilson if Yan and Fowler both play their usual run themselves out of plays pass rush. Maybe Poz could do it... but I also don’t think you can trust him.

This is one of the ones that many think that they won't win but they will win. I'm more concerned about the offense I don't have any question about the D especially if Telvin is healthy. I want to see what they do with Blake do they try to hide him behind the running game or if they let Blake throw it on 1st and mix in some RPO.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I don’t disagree. I’m just then completely unsure how they handle containing Wilson if Yan and Fowler both play their usual run themselves out of plays pass rush. Maybe Poz could do it... but I also don’t think you can trust him.

That's the trick when playing an elite QB i guess.  xD

I'm not sure you can realistically set Jack aside just to spy Wilson.  He's too dangerous as a passer, and we're already missing our other stud athlete coverage LBer.  I'd lean more toward trying to keep him from shredding you through the air (which probably means Jack in coverage a fair bit).  If he's gonna run around and beat you with his legs...well, gonna have to hope that Poz can hold his own, and that the secondary can really step up in run support.  Particularly probably falls on Church to at least try to somewhat contain the damage from Russ using his legs.

But it's really not ideal to have no Telvin.  Especially in a matchup like this.  It creates...problems.

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

That's the trick when playing an elite QB i guess.  xD

I'm not sure you can realistically set Jack aside just to spy Wilson.  He's too dangerous as a passer, and we're already missing our other stud athlete coverage LBer.  I'd lean more toward trying to keep him from shredding you through the air (which probably means Jack in coverage a fair bit).  If he's gonna run around and beat you with his legs...well, gonna have to hope that Poz can hold his own, and that the secondary can really step up in run support.  Particularly probably falls on Church to at least try to somewhat contain the damage from Russ using his legs.

But it's really not ideal to have no Telvin.  Especially in a matchup like this.  It creates...problems.

I just feel like if you don’t have someone who you can trust can run him down if he tries to run, letting him run around will cause guys to peel off their assignments to go after him. Then you’re opening up the ability for him to use his legs to set up big passes to whoever that player had been covering. And if they do something like a crossing route behind Poz, and have Wilson act like he’s going to run, I really don’t trust anyone in that LB group outside of Jack to be able to recognize the play, stay with the receiver, and then be able to close in on Wilson in a hurry after they take away the passing option.

It’s not ideal.

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I just feel like if you don’t have someone who you can trust can run him down if he tries to run, letting him run around will cause guys to peel off their assignments to go after him. Then you’re opening up the ability for him to use his legs to set up big passes to whoever that player had been covering. And if they do something like a crossing route behind Poz, and have Wilson act like he’s going to run, I really don’t trust anyone in that LB group outside of Jack to be able to recognize the play, stay with the receiver, and then be able to close in on Wilson in a hurry after they take away the passing option.

It’s not ideal.

Yeah.  Very not ideal.

Just goes to show how important all of these various components are to one another in a defense playing this well.  An awful lot of things have come together pretty ideally so far this season...including very few starter games missed.

Archived