What rookie drafted Round 3 or later will impress everyone?

Mr.UFO

The most impressive rookie for the niners so far has probably been Jake Moody, but using kicking in practice really doesn't say much. 

After that, some rookies have made some nice plays here and there, but nothing really stands out. Brown may get some run throughout the season at various times, but I don't think that  the niners will really have anyone that is going to stand out over the season 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The most impressive rookie for the niners so far has probably been Jake Moody, but using kicking in practice really doesn't say much. 

After that, some rookies have made some nice plays here and there, but nothing really stands out. Brown may get some run throughout the season at various times, but I don't think that  the niners will really have anyone that is going to stand out over the season 

Ji'yar Brown is the one I was excited for is he not impressing because that would be surprising to me.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Ji'yar Brown is the one I was excited for is he not impressing because that would be surprising to me.

The talk was positive in OTA about him, and teammates were saying nice things about him, but it been pretty quiet from Camp. Fairly minimal talk either way. He's not playing with the 1s and most of the eyes, as always under the Shanny regime, are on the QBs. Today he did get burned by Brayden Willis though. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The talk was positive in OTA about him, and teammates were saying nice things about him, but it been pretty quiet from Camp. Fairly minimal talk either way. He's not playing with the 1s and most of the eyes, as always under the Shanny regime, are on the QBs. Today he did get burned by Brayden Willis though. 

I loved his all around game (and mentality) minus his top end speed so hearing he got burned isn't a massive surprise. I still think he will end up starting opposite Hufanga and you just run the risk of being burned with the pair of them and dominate the short/mid game with active safeties mixing with talented LBs to create odd looks and hope Bosa and teammate's rush limit the shots deep. Like is a 33 year old Gipson actually any good at this point? He's fine against the run and all, but on the last place Bears it's not like teams were playing from behind challenging him in the pass game all that much. I'd think it'd be a disappointment if Ji'Ayir wasn't starting and I'd expect him to not only start but be good.