What rookie drafted Round 3 or later will impress everyone?

Mr.UFO

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think Roschon Johnson will get the most carries for the Bears, and I think his numbers will look very good. 

Doubt it. He is clearly behind their first 2 RB’s unfortunately. I think Johnson is a future superstar, but he’s gonna be buried this year sadly.

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was also really high on Isreal Abanikanda.  I suppose his usage will depend on the health of Hall, but I really think Abanikanda will be good.

Same, but he won’t be getting many touches. He, again, is the #3 back there. And unlike Johnson, I don’t think he’ll ever dethrone Hall as the #1. 

Hoping it is 3 years in a row that someone in rd3 or later really contributes for the Lions under Brad Holmes

The only real candidate, barring multiple layers of injury, is Brodric Martin, late 3rd round DT who the Lions made a head-scratcher of a move for. We have no idea what his potential is till the pads go on in a week or so, but in terms of size and agility there's a lot to like.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I had high hopes for Nick Saldiveri, where did he end up?

OT, Saints. One of three ODU players that were drafted, BION (short for "believe it or not" -- I'm trying to start a thing. LOL)

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Doubt it. [The Bears Roschon Johnson] is clearly behind their first 2 RB’s unfortunately. I think Johnson is a future superstar, but he’s gonna be buried this year sadly. 

At least he's used to that. He was the #2 RB for Texas behind Bijan Robinson.

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Doubt it. He is clearly behind their first 2 RB’s unfortunately. I think Johnson is a future superstar, but he’s gonna be buried this year sadly.

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

I want to say Roschon Johnson, but he's #3 on the depth chart at the moment. I think the right answer for Chicago is Noah Sewell. 

You guys think that he stays the third back though?  Maybe I am higher on him and lower on the returning backs, but I think he will be the primary back before the end of the season.  

For the Texans - it’s gotta be WR Tank Dell. He was the preferred selection of CJ Stroud from the draft and has a great set of skills in relation to route running and hands. He’s incredibly small, so there’s concerns with him - but with rule changes favoring WRs, he might be safe. 

On that same note - WR Xavier Hutchinson is another consideration. I personally doubt it, as he really lacks any sort of athleticism that will really stand out as a WR. But he’s got a good frame and is strong for 50/50 balls, so maybe he gets into the public eye sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, malak1 said:

I want to say Roschon Johnson, but he's #3 on the depth chart at the moment. I think the right answer for Chicago is Noah Sewell. 

Sewell? Highly doubtful he sees many snaps for them with Tremaine Edmunds & TJ Edwards going there. They also have Jack Sanborn, who was solid & is someone I also love.

Sewell has a harder path to PT than Roschon does. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Sewell? Highly doubtful he sees many snaps for them with Tremaine Edmunds & TJ Edwards going there. They also have Jack Sanborn, who was solid & is someone I also love.

Sewell has a harder path to PT than Roschon does. 

I like Sanborn, I think Sewell will take his reps, tbh. 

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I'll just follow the trend and say Keanu Benton, Darnell Washington, Nick Herbig, Cory Trice and Spencer Anderson.

Am I doing it right?

As a Wisconsin fan, Keeanu Benton is correct. He should have never dropped below round 2, and if he was in a decent scheme at all he's an end of the 1st kind of guy.

I like Herbig too, but he's kind of stuck in between size/speed wise at this level.

• Like 1