Bronny James - prayers up!

Old Guy

That is scary.  And the scariest part is what caused it.  And crazy it happened at USC 6 months ago.  Wonder if there is something in the building or that they are giving players that is causing it because this doesn't usually happen to in shape athletes without heart problems.  The other thought is he may have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, which I have, that could limit or end his career.   

59 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That is scary.  And the scariest part is what caused it.  And crazy it happened at USC 6 months ago.  Wonder if there is something in the building or that they are giving players that is causing it because this doesn't usually happen to in shape athletes without heart problems.  The other thought is he may have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, which I have, that could limit or end his career.   

It has been happening a lot to young athletes over the past 18-24 months. A lot more and it's alarming. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

In wondering how far college athletics are pushing these athletes and if that line is too far. Now more than ever there is pressure to perform and treat NCAA basketball like it's a profession with NIL and money on the line.

I wonder if these kids at 16-18 years old working out and training like their bodies are 30 is causing problems. 

Either way, hope there are no long term effects and he is back on the court soon

This doesn’t typically just happen. Most likely there is some sort of pre existing condition that triggered this. Hopefully they can figure out what it is and treat it. I’d say theres a chance that his career could be over but I’d say the odds are better that he can make a full recovery and continue on the path. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's a pretty clear explanation that I won't discuss. 

Prayers up for Bronny and his family. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This doesn’t typically just happen. Most likely there is some sort of preexisting condition that triggered this. Hopefully they can figure out what it is and treat it. I’d say theres a chance that his career could be over, but I’d say the odds are better that he can make a full recovery and continue on the path. 

It is possible it was a pre-existing condition but given who his father is, he's been checked out very thoroughly for any preexisting condition already. 

There is a clear explanation but like @NYRaider, I won't discuss it here. It's been happening an inordinate number of times over the past 18-24 months. That is all I'll say. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The explanation that you're a moron, yes.

24 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Amazing to make a thread about a kid going into cardiac arrest purely because you're a bunch of terminally online brained dullards and wanna use someone nearly dying to ***** that you had to get a shot 2 ******* years ago now.

You're supposed to add at the end that you won't discuss it here for the anti-establishment culture warrior points.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Before 2020 the leading cause of death for HS and college athletes was cardiac arrest. 

Hopefully for Bronny there isn't a serious condition that causes it and he can get back to hooping soon. 

It apparently affects basketball players at a higher general % of young athletes than the other sports, as well. Here's hoping it's not a permanent condition or serious illness and was merely an incredibly bad, one off medical incident that's treatable. Kid's handled the spotlight being on him since he was 10 years old better than I think anybody could have reasonably assumed or asked of him.

• Like 2