Harris/Rales/Magic New Stadium Thread

turtle28

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

DC would be cool. I live 10 minutes away and its super easy for me to get to the metro to go to Nats games. I just don't think its ever happening. 

I hope it never does. Too much traffic/congestion on normal days. Now add 65k+ people getting into the city. Then add any conflicts with Nats games or with Capitals games (or Wizards). Too much crime increasing in DC (in the city and incidents on the metro). Tailgating would severely suck. List goes on and on. 

I literally actively avoid going into the city now. I only do so if I have to take meetings (but usually just do Zoom/Google Meet 95% of the time) and then I usually schedule them in the mid-late mornings so I can avoid rush hour both ways and it's in the light of midday when I leave to go home. 

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I hope it never does. Too much traffic/congestion on normal days. Now add 65k+ people getting into the city. Then add any conflicts with Nats games or with Capitals games (or Wizards). Too much crime increasing in DC (in the city and incidents on the metro). Tailgating would severely suck. List goes on and on. 

I literally actively avoid going into the city now. I only do so if I have to take meetings (but usually just do Zoom/Google Meet 95% of the time) and then I usually schedule them in the mid-late mornings so I can avoid rush hour both ways and it's in the light of midday when I leave to go home. 

Just ask Brian Robinson. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm a NoVa kid. I'd love for it to be here but DC would be my 2nd option. I can also go to Landover if it stays there. I'm only 20 minutes from the stadium. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I'm a NoVa kid. I'd love for it to be here but DC would be my 2nd option. I can also go to Landover if it stays there. I'm only 20 minutes from the stadium. 

As you all know, my preference is its current location. Just tear it down and rebuild. Put the games in one of the nearby college stadiums for a year or two until it gets finished. 

#2 would be NoVa (and it pains me to say but out here in Loudoun County/FFx County border) right next to the Herndon metro stop.

Like #99999999998978 would be D.C. for me. 

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

As you all know, my preference is its current location. Just tear it down and rebuild. Put the games in one of the nearby college stadiums for a year or two until it gets finished. 

#2 would be NoVa (and it pains me to say but out here in Loudoun County/FFx County border) right next to the Herndon metro stop.

Like #99999999998978 would be D.C. for me. 

I think them putting money into the current stadium is posturing to get the best offer.  I have a feeling they have no problem leveraging whatever they can.  I think they want to make the most money, so a new stadium, while also putting money into Fed Ex and making it a huge outdoor concert venue, is probably the route they go.  

DC/National Harbor probably makes the most sense.  

Probably would have to do University of Maryland for the games.  Navy probably has too little seating and parking infrastructure.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think them putting money into the current stadium is posturing to get the best offer.  I have a feeling they have no problem leveraging whatever they can.  I think they want to make the most money, so a new stadium, while also putting money into Fed Ex and making it a huge outdoor concert venue, is probably the route they go.  

Probably would have to do University of Maryland for the games.  Navy probably has too little seating and parking infrastructure.  

I live next two the Woodrow Wilson in Old Town so the Harbor would be ideal for me but man would the traffic crossing the bridge would SUCK 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I was thinking UofM as well. With the team giving the university an extra premium because we'd be beating up the field on Sundays 

“The House Oversight Committee yesterday advanced a bill that could one day make possible a football stadium on the RFK site.

Why it matters: D.C. needs Congress to extend the city's lease from the federal government for the 190-acre RFK site to be redeveloped into a mixed-use community — with the potential for a new Commanders stadium.

The big picture: D.C., Maryland, and Virginia are vying to convince the football franchise to build a new stadium on their land.

• D.C. needs the 99-year lease extension in order to jumpstart new development on the site.

"There's really one place for the team," Mayor Muriel Bowser, who was on the Hill, said in late July after the team was sold to a group led by Josh Harris.

What to watch: The debate over whether taxpayer dollars should be spent on a stadium could continue as the bill moves through the full House and Senate.“

• 2 months later...