Preseason game 2 GDT (I think it's against Denver)

Forge

51 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't think ambry played another snap after letting up that TD

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It wasn't a TD and he had played the entire half. He was never going to play the 2nd half. 

All da cheese made him sluggish.  

I want to rewatch that one ten times on all 22 to determine if he thought it was cover 2 with help over the top, palms, or if he just went after the run hard.  I don't have 22 man film this year, so I will just have to wait for JohnnyDel to break it down, lol.

It's only one play, and it is still early in the year.  I don't think this alone would impact the depth chart.  He's had a strong camp so far.  These type of things happen in pre-season, hopefully it doesn't carry over or become a pattern.  Last week the entire linebacking group was biting on the play action.  This week they kept their depth better.  Hopefully this is a learning experience for Thomas.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Glad I was wrong. I think he’s going to have a hard time gaining ground back once the season starts though; that is unless Ronnie Bell continues to have his one egregious drop per game.

I was starting to get really hyped about what he could do next year for the niners. I feel like that door is already closing. No way this dude isn't falling into the dog house

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will keep him off the field until they absolutely can't keep him off the field. That's brutal. Especially after the raiders game where he was also abysmal in pass pro 

My question is, “wtf was Jaylon Moore doing?”. Perhaps TDP just sucks at pass pro, but to me it seems like he got stuck in the middle trying to figure out who he should block because Moore blocked absolutely NO ONE.

• Like 4

Graham, Jamison, and Bell are three players I am confident that will be on the team three years from now. I think Winters is another one that is likely to be on the team in three years as well. That's three late round picks and one undrafted FA. Not bad at all! This is how the team is continuing to survive with all the high round misses. 

Hoping to see Beal this week and want to see him to flash at least some of his top notch physical skills. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Graham, Jamison, and Bell are three players I am confident that will be on the team three years from now. I think Winters is another one that is likely to be on the team in three years as well. That's three late round picks and one undrafted FA. Not bad at all! This is how the team is continuing to survive with all the high round misses. 

Hoping to see Beal this week and want to see him to flash at least some of his top notch physical skills. 

This was a guy I was really excited to see this preseason, I’m pretty bummed that we haven’t got to see him to this point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

IDK the cap hit & all that, but is Oliver a potential surprise cut? 

I'd guess Jamison/Knight handle nickel duties, Ward/Lenoir/Thomas/Womack handle the outside 

Oliver is definitely a candidate to be cut. I think if Luter was healthy, Oliver may have been a lock to be cut.

If they are going to go with Lenoir on the inside on nickel downs, then you only need to keep one of Jamison or Knight. I think the former is who they will keep and Knight will once again be a PS candidate.

Ward

Lenoir

Thomas

Womack

Jamison

Luter (if healthy)

Those are the six corners I'd expect to make the team. If Luter is on the PUP or even gets put on IR, then Knight has a chance to make the team. If Oliver is not starting, he is still someone with versatility to play on the outside and inside so he has value but the team may not feel that way. Either way, it is promising that Womack/Thomas look to be playing good ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oliver is definitely a candidate to be cut. I think if Luter was healthy, Oliver may have been a lock to be cut.

If they are going to go with Lenoir on the inside on nickel downs, then you only need to keep one of Jamison or Knight. I think the former is who they will keep and Knight will once again be a PS candidate.

Ward

Lenoir

Thomas

Womack

Jamison

Luter (if healthy)

Those are the six corners I'd expect to make the team. If Luter is on the PUP or even gets put on IR, then Knight has a chance to make the team. If Oliver is not starting, he is still someone with versatility to play on the outside and inside so he has value but the team may not feel that way. Either way, it is promising that Womack/Thomas look to be playing good ball. 

I wonder if we could get someone to trade for Oliver. Even if we just got a late round pick that'd be a lot better for us from a cap perspective from what I can tell. 

So, the good news is:  I found out my TV supports Google Home/Chromecast and Airplay.  

That bad news is:  I only figured that out because I didn't do my due diligence to find out if the game was going to be aired here in Phoenix before the game started.   So, I missed at least the first possession.  Was looking forward to seeing Purdy/Deebo/etc..  

Overall, not a bad game for a preseason game. Loved the game winning drive experience for some of those guys.