San Francisco names Sam Darnold backup, exploring trade market for Trey Lance

Broncofan

On 8/23/2023 at 5:47 PM, Forge said:

Yes, if they can't operate within the timing and cadence of the offense. Lance 100% can't do that right now because he's still turning down too many throws. He may grow out of it, but in the meantime Shanny can't do anything with him. That's the primary issue with him, I would assume. His short game just isn't there from a timing or execution standpoint.  Lance is also not nearlry as athletic as Shanny thought. 

It's interesting to wonder if Lance might not actually be able to find some sort of modicum of success in a very different sort of offense because of this.  He's lacking in the fundamental element that let's a QB thrive in a Shanny offense, but it's not like he's entirely devoid of talent.  At least, he's not Zach Wilson.  lol.

@Forge I have a question then

In this thread I’ve learned that he desperately wanted Luck (fair) and was willing to tank, but it didn’t work out, and they ended up drafting RG3. Shanahan also got to draft Cousins in the same draft, which lends credence to the idea that he really didn’t want RG3.

there were those strong rumours that Shanahan wanted to draft Mac Jones over Lance. Rumours which now look rock solid. But they went Lance.

my question is - why has he got so little influence on draft day then? How does he keep coming away with things he doesn’t actually want?

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@Forge I have a question then

In this thread I’ve learned that he desperately wanted Luck (fair) and was willing to tank, but it didn’t work out, and they ended up drafting RG3. Shanahan also got to draft Cousins in the same draft, which lends credence to the idea that he really didn’t want RG3.

there were those strong rumours that Shanahan wanted to draft Mac Jones over Lance. Rumours which now look rock solid. But they went Lance.

my question is - why has he got so little influence on draft day then? How does he keep coming away with things he doesn’t actually want?

Why has who gotten so little influence on the draft?  Shanny?

Lance was shanny's pick. That wasn't anyone else

• Like 1