MikeT14

CardinalsArizona Cardinals    VS.  CommandersWashington Commanders

FOX
9/10
1:00 PM

LINE: WASHINGTON -7.0
O/U: 38.5

Projected Washington starters:
QB - Howell, RB - Robinson, WRs - McLaurin, Samuel, Dotson, TE - Thomas, OL - Leno, Charles, Gates, Cosmi, Wylie
DL - Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, LBs - Davis, Barton, DBs - Fuller, St. Juste, Forbes, Curl, Forrest

Questions:
1) This is Howell's team now. How does he respond?
2) What is the injury status to Young and Thomas? And McLaurin?
3) How does the offense respond to the new plays by EB?
4) Does the defense continue its ascension?

GIF of the week: Spongebob Squarepants

I was too old for Spongebob Squarepants. It came out in 1999 & I was in college. I've kind of seen some of it before but never really seen a whole episode. I agree with @MikeT14 though, looking at those GIFs does give off a horny vibe to the show. 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:
Questions:
1) This is Howell's team now. How does he respond?
2) What is the injury status to Young and Thomas? And McLaurin?
3) How does the offense respond to the new plays by EB?
4) Does the defense continue its ascension?

I have to say for the first time in a long time - since Haskins - an I truly excited to see a QB play bc I'm wondering what they could develop into & if they can put it all together. I do believe in Sam Howell a lot & think he'll develop into a good starter but obviously I need to see it.

I think McLaurin, Thomas and Young all play week 1. I feel Rivera has been slow walking the Thomas & Young injuries in particular because he knows he doesn't have to report their status until next week when he has to give injury reports for the game.

I think the offense will have its growing Plains but regardless, I expect it to operate better then it did under Cole Turner.

I have to admit based off how this D started the last 3 years, I am worried about complacency and communication mistakes in September. I hope I'm wrong about that and I hope it doesn't cost us any games.

• Like 2

This is the perfect game on paper for the offense to work out kinks and get comfortable. If we struggle a lot, it'll be concerning.

31. Arizona Cardinals

The Arizona Cardinals defense projects to be one of the least-talented units in the NFL next season. With J.J. Watt, Markus Golden and Zach Allen gone, the Cardinals will be relying on Zaven Collins, BJ Ojulari and Myjai Sanders as their top pass rushers. It raises serious doubts about their ability to pressure the quarterback.

If this team can’t generate consistent pressure, quarterbacks will exploit a secondary that allowed the second highest QB rating (98.2) and the highest completion rate (69.8%) in the NFL last season. To make matters worse, the interior defensive line is a major weakness and that may also result in Arizona having one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

32. Arizona Cardinals

This group doesn’t require a whole lot of analysis. The Cardinals have the worst defensive roster in the NFL. They’re going to struggle to rush the passer, and they’re going to struggle to cover. Generally speaking, that’s a bad combination.

New head coach Jonathan Gannon showed no ability to do more with less in Philadelphia. When the roster was loaded and healthy, the Eagles defense feasted on a weak schedule. When they faced good quarterbacks, Gannon consistently looked overmatched.

Barring something shocking, the only time to pay attention to the Cardinals’ defense will be when you or your opponent have fantasy guys going against them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This is the perfect game on paper for the offense to work out kinks and get comfortable. If we struggle a lot, it'll be concerning.

Yeah, hopefully they at least operate well even if they miss some things like they looked in the two preseason games.

The Cardinals are pretty much tanking but next year they very well may end up with the top 2 picks in the draft, their natural pick and Houston’s pick.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

https://x.com/benstandig/status/1697279829714854301?s=46&t=y8PgR5zFiJfdMzKoT-A3zw 

Commanders DE Chase Young is progressing from the "stinger" injury suffered in the preseason opener. However, he is still not cleared for contact, is expected to meet with another doctor this week, and is uncertain for Week 1, sources tell @TheAthletic.

Sounds like Mr Glass is going on short term I R .. sheez.