Vikings cut WR Jalen Reagor

SteelKing728

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Every draft I say that route running is a premium skill in the NFL.  A rookie that can run good routes can make an immediate impact.  Big WR with no separation can only go so far.

Nfl gms are a sucker for the big guy that can run fast in a straight line. 

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He does not suck, it is just he does not really use that athletic ability or he did so much prep for the combine and never maintained that athletic ability or improved on it with conditioning.

He is not a dynamic enough return man to keep around and obviously his route running is very questionable.  You have slower guys get open because they run good routes and are sudden enough in a small area.  He is clearly a lot of straight line speed and not great change of direction and not amazing hands so there are constantly receivers coming into the NFL that are better than him in running routes and catching the football.

My guess is rookie Jordan Addison is worlds ahead of him as a route runner and in terms of his feel as a receiver.  And Addison is very light, has a vertical 10" + shorter than Reagor and not near the strength on the bench and a bit of a slower 40.  But Addison can run routes, Reagor cannot is my guess.  

"He does not suck"

"He just doesn't use his athletic abilities, not a good route runner and has bad hands"

So he does suck!

🤯