Bosa watch

Forge

Seriously though, wth is John going to do with the two million per year this standoff wins him?  Dammit, When you have arguably the top defensive player in the NFL, you treat him like it.  Pinching his pennies at the end of the process.  I don't blame Bosa in this one.  I generally don't complain a lot about FO decisions, but this one is annoying.

2 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Seriously though, wth is John going to do with the two million per year this standoff wins him?  Dammit, When you have arguably the top defensive player in the NFL, you treat him like it.  Pinching his pennies at the end of the process.  I don't blame Bosa in this one.  I generally don't complain a lot about FO decisions, but this one is annoying.

Obviously have no idea how the process is going or exactly what others would value Bosa at, but I look at it kind of the other way. Like what is Bosa gonna do with the extra 2 million? Team’s on a salary cap, so there is a finite amount they can spend without hurting their future success. But if Bosa doesn’t get what he wants, is he gonna get a smaller yacht or something? 

50 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Obviously have no idea how the process is going or exactly what others would value Bosa at, but I look at it kind of the other way. Like what is Bosa gonna do with the extra 2 million? Team’s on a salary cap, so there is a finite amount they can spend without hurting their future success. But if Bosa doesn’t get what he wants, is he gonna get a smaller yacht or something? 

I'll forever support a player going after and getting ever dime he can. Cap is flexible. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll forever support a player going after and getting ever dime he can. Cap is flexible. 

Yeah, I don’t. I like seeing players take a little less to help the team out. Get some better players around them. In no way am I saying I think they should play for peanuts, but the constant desire to be the highest paid just so you can say you are, gets old to me. 

Once again, I know nothing about the negotiations so that may not be the case here. But Bosa’s agent doesn’t exactly have a reputation for compromising and getting deals done right away. 

6 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Yeah, I don’t. I like seeing players take a little less to help the team out. Get some better players around them. In no way am I saying I think they should play for peanuts, but the constant desire to be the highest paid just so you can say you are, gets old to me. 

Once again, I know nothing about the negotiations so that may not be the case here. But Bosa’s agent doesn’t exactly have a reputation for compromising and getting deals done right away. 

This is a job. Not their duty to help the team out. Not like the team is helping them out when they cut them because their performance dips or because they need money because the team mismanaged the cap. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is a job. Not their duty to help the team out. Not like the team is helping them out when they cut them because their performance dips or because they need money because the team mismanaged the cap. 

It’s about winning. Any player who wouldn’t take a little less money to win is nuts. And that goes for any job. Don’t know what any of you all do, but would you take a little less money to be in a better working environment? I think almost everyone would. 

Love Bosa. Love the fact he’s not making it public. Think he deserves a ton of money. But I think everyone saying screw the team for not just paying him, you can say the same from the other side. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, straighthate said:

It’s about winning. Any player who wouldn’t take a little less money to win is nuts. And that goes for any job. Don’t know what any of you all do, but would you take a little less money to be in a better working environment? I think almost everyone would. 

Love Bosa. Love the fact he’s not making it public. Think he deserves a ton of money. But I think everyone saying screw the team for not just paying him, you can say the same from the other side. 

If I didn't like my working environment, I'd find another job. So no, I'm not taking less money. And, I think it's a stretch to say that not winning is a bad environment.

I'm also not taking less money so a Co-worker can keep their job. 

My duty is to my family and doing what is best for them first and foremost. If I can do something for others beyond that, I will. But when it comes to my job I'm doing what's best for me. 

There's a reason athletes typically stay out of each other's business. 

Fans clamoring for athletes to take less come off more like they feel like the player owes it to them, tbh.  Because they (the fans) want to win. 

Players don't always have the same priorities as fans