2023 College Football Thread

Norm

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

There should be an SEC and B1G bias over the ACC. Hell the Pac12 blew away the ACC this year too.

The ACC had more wins against the SEC than any other conference, so there is that. News flash, the Big Ten overall sucks. Michigan is going to get rolled. Iowa had a historically bad offense then they won the other side of the conference so don't give me that bull**** about the Big Ten. ACC is every bit as good as the Big Ten. LOL. 

Alabama was ranked 8 going in. Why did they suddenly get better than Ohio State who was ranked 6th? 

Past years or SEC football should not benefit them this year. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I genuinely don't think the SEC was that good this year.  The only teams I could see winning at least one game in a 12 team tournament are Ole Miss, Mizzou, Alabama, and Georgia.  The rest of the teams in the league are like "worse than Iowa or Oregon State."

LSU probably had the best offense in the NCAA, or as least in the combo with Washington.

It was certainly a down year for the SEC though.

Just now, Old Guy said:

The ACC had more wins against the SEC than any other conference, so there is that. News flash, the Big Ten overall sucks. Michigan is going to get rolled. Iowa had a historically bad offense then they won the other side of the conference so don't give me that bull**** about the Big Ten. ACC is every bit as good as the Big Ten. LOL. 

Alabama was ranked 8 going in. Why did they suddenly get better than Ohio State who was ranked 6th? 

Past years or SEC football should not benefit them this year. 

They ended a 29 game win streak on a neutral site.

Recency bias. Happens in the NCAA tournament too. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They ended a 29 game win streak on a neutral site.

Recency bias. Happens in the NCAA tournament too. 

This year it did. It's SEC bias. The weekend unfolded where no SEC team should have been in so they screwed one team to make sure that didn't happen.

I'm with @AlexGreen#20 FSU should sue the hell out of the committee. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

This year it did. It's SEC bias. The weekend unfolded where no SEC team should have been in so they screwed one team to make sure that didn't happen.

I'm with @AlexGreen#20 FSU should sue the hell out of the committee. 

It will go absolutely no where, so they can go right ahead.

They lost their QB, no one wants to watch a backup QB compete for a title, because it never goes well.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not convinced that FSU's backup QB (again, not the guy who played yesterday) is worse than Jalen Milroe, who can run around a bit but throws tortillas out there.

Milroe is an excellent college QB, this isnt the NFL, being able to win with your legs over your arm works here.