2023 College Football Thread

Norm

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Listen...

The system is inherently dumb

And worsened by excluding an undefeated team because they lost a player.

It's totally indefensible. It's a joke of a system. Can you imagine defending this anywhere else. Laughable.

Seemingly smart people on this forum do not understand that simple truth. 

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Listen...

It's totally indefensible. It's a joke of a system. Can you imagine defending this anywhere else. Laughable.

The system isn't "whoever has the best record makes it" and never was. I get that offends people. I don't even like that whole committee thing. It sucked *** when the computer decided **** too. It just needs to be expanded, period. The further you go out, the less it matters who barely missed. 

FSU doesn't go undefeated in the SEC anyways and then we'd never have to talk about this. 

Also I ******* hate Alabama and didn't want them in or anything either.

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

The system isn't "whoever has the best record makes it" and never was. I get that offends people. I don't even like that whole committee thing. It sucked *** when the computer decided **** too. It just needs to be expanded, period. The further you go out, the less it matters who barely missed. 

FSU doesn't go undefeated in the SEC anyways and then we'd never have to talk about this. 

Also I ******* hate Alabama and didn't want them in or anything either.

It doesn't matter what criteria you use to try and justify a decision. 

Anything other than a real, larger playoff field is indefensibly dumb

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is the dumbest post you've ever written. Draft prospects have been sitting out bowl games for several years now. 

The NCAA cheapened the product known as bowl games once the playoffs started. This is not some sort of revelation. 

Wasn't aware that the entire FSU team is draft eligible!

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Thank you for reaffirming my point the whole time, SEC bias! SEC had to be represented no matter what. There has never been any integrity in the process. This time they just stopped trying to hide it. 

It's not SEC bias, it's nationwide bias. Alabama v Michigan is going to get a hell of a lot more views than Backup QB FSU v Michigan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

What lol

If they wanted to they would.

Lol no they can't, you think they can change the rules now where a committee decides the playoff teams? They set a precedent back when the league wasn't about money and now they're stuck with it.

I'm sure when a team loses a QB right before the playoffs they'd love to put a different team in instead.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Listen...

The system is "what makes the most money"

Naivety is thinking the system has some sort of integrity to pick teams based on record, or that the system hasn't been this way in the NCAA for decades.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Naivety is thinking the system has some sort of integrity to pick teams based on record, or that the system hasn't been this way in the NCAA for decades.

TCU made it last year? Was that a money thing?

I do think they want the best matchups. But I obviously will not deny it's also a money thing. I'm not that stupid. I think FSU with Travis would have brought extra eyes. It wouldn't have hurt ratings anyways, I don't think.

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It doesn't matter what criteria you use to try and justify a decision. 

Anything other than a real, larger playoff field is indefensibly dumb

We're getting there. It's planned obviously and **** like this helps.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nobody believes there's any integrity.

It's a stupid system and the product sucks because of it

1 minute ago, Norm said:

TCU made it last year? Was that a money thing?

I do think they want the best matchups. But I obviously will not deny it's also a money thing. I'm not that stupid. I think FSU with Travis would have brought extra eyes. It wouldn't have hurt ratings anyways, I don't think.

Was a little easier last year cause everyone had 2 losses other than those 4, and TCU-Michigan turned out to be the best game, but also made for the worst NC I can remember.