Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Did I say anything that was wrong? Everyone said in year 3 Fields needed a better OL and a #1 WR. He got it, and now the same people are saying he needs more.

Would Nabers and a guy like Josh Reynolds be nice? Yes. Would it help any QB? Yes, but if he specifically needs all of that, maybe it's time to move on and find a better player to throw them the ball.

Even if Scott catches his and Tonyan catches his, Fields is still throwing for 54% today and about 6 yards per attempt. That isn't good enough even in a win. (mind you, Cleveland dropped 2 INT's and he fumbled again after standing in the pocket for 5 seconds)

So, no, we shouldn't. He was the same Fields today. It's too up and down as a thrower. Very rarely are QB's surrounded by 3 great receivers and 3-4 Pro Bowlers on the OL.

I agree with this. Before the season people were saying how Mooney was a good 2/3 WR and now the same people are saying we need better receivers for Fields to throw to 🤔

I know that the players and coaching haven't helped Fields at times but when are people going to admit that he's also been a big part of the failures on offense ?

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I agree with this. Before the season people were saying how Mooney was a good 2/3 WR and now the same people are saying we need better receivers for Fields to throw to 🤔

I know that the players and coaching haven't helped Fields at times but when are people going to admit that he's also been a big part of the failures on offense ?

Kmet is a good TE and Mooney is solid bro!!!

Now? Moore is good and the rest suck. If he had Harrison, Moore and Pittman he'd be a stud! Yeah no ****, I would be a stud too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think anyone is saying Fields' isn't part of the failures of this offence...there are clearly things he can do better when it comes to speeding up his process and getting rid of the ball faster...that said it is the chicken and the egg where you also need people to get open quicker to allow him to get rid of the ball quicker...

My issue is this idea that there are many QBs in the NFL that excel without a lot of talent around them? I can't think of any top 10 QB in this league with less talent around him than Fields and yet we expect him to be be one.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think anyone is saying Fields' isn't part of the failures of this offence...there are clearly things he can do better when it comes to speeding up his process and getting rid of the ball faster...that said it is the chicken and the egg where you also need people to get open quicker to allow him to get rid of the ball quicker...

My issue is this idea that there are many QBs in the NFL that excel without a lot of talent around them? I can't think of any top 10 QB in this league with less talent around him than Fields and yet we expect him to be be one.

I thought Mooney was a good 2 and a great 3.  However, I have changed my mind because JF1 throws the ball differently.

JF1 throws the ball to where the receiver will run to.... not turn around to look for the ball and fall short to where the ball will land.   Mooney/Scott tend to turn around and slow down....   I didn't see enough to recognize this last year.

Mooney may still be a good 2 or a great 3, but not with the way JF1 throws the ball.  It's like their playing speed is different!

Mooney does not fit with JF1 style.  We have to find a WR2 that fits JF1... a WR that keeps running while looking for the ball over his shoulder!

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Ok two top -10 QBs Dak  and Josh Allen...it's not as if they have way better talent around them than Fields does, would you say?

I'd say Ceedee Lamb & Stefon Diggs are equal to DJ in terms of #1 weapons. Their number 2/3 receivers aren't world beaters though I get you can make the argument they have an edge on us there.

I'd say Kmet is just as good if not better than Jake Ferguson &  Dalton Kincaid/ Dawson Knox

Bears also have better RB depth than both of these teams...

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Considering the source, it's meaningless. Moore wouldn't know a good QB if one smacked him in the nuts. He's also not going to say any different. "Yeah guys this guy blows. It'll get better, Chicago!"

Typical stupid question posed by the media and typical player speak answer....I mean pretty revealing stuff here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Ok two top -10 QBs Dak  and Josh Allen...it's not as if they have way better talent around them than Fields does, would you say?

I'd say Ceedee Lamb & Stefon Diggs are equal to DJ in terms of #1 weapons. Their number 2/3 receivers aren't world beaters though I get you can make the argument they have an edge on us there.

I'd say Kmet is just as good if not better than Jake Ferguson &  Dalton Kincaid/ Dawson Knox

Bears also have better RB depth than both of these teams...

Would I take Davis or Cooks over Mooney? In a heartbeat

Would I take Shakir or Gallup over apparently no #3? In a heartbeat

I would take Pollard over any RB on any of these three teams in a heartbeat as well

Dallas have one of the best offensive lines in football with two legit HoFers on it...I would swap it for ours in a heartbeat

Buffalo I would say is a push with our OL but both those teams have more talent around their QBs than we do.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Typical stupid question posed by the media and typical player speak answer....I mean pretty revealing stuff here 

The Bears offense essentially has scored 0 touchdowns in 2 of their last 3 games. Whether it's Fields or Trent ******* Taylor, nobody deserves the benefit of the doubt. The entire unit has been miserable lately

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I love how Moore threw in at the end "they cool tho" probably knowing there's a chance one of those top-2 QBs will be throwing to him next season 

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No pretty normal media speak would be to downplay the question and say those things really aren't your decision...your hear to do your job and the front office/coaches will do theirs...

Flat out getting a little offended your being asked the question then saying neither of the two guys coming out are better is a stronger statement than it had to be if it was just "player speak"

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No pretty normal media speak would be to downplay the question and say those things really aren't your decision...your hear to do your job and the front office/coaches will do theirs...

Flat out getting a little offended your being asked the question then saying neither of the two guys coming out are better is a stronger statement than it had to be if it was just "player speak"

Oh no that just means Moore will demand a trade if they trade Fields and draft Williams!! Maybe he won't try so hard or intentionally drop passes in August next year like Brandon Marshall did in Denver once upon a time!

Who gives a ****

Edited by beardown3231

16 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

JF1 throws the ball to where the receiver will run to.... not turn around to look for the ball and fall short to where the ball will land.   Mooney/Scott tend to turn around and slow down....   I didn't see enough to recognize this last year.

I dont think Fields throws with anticipation very often. He often throws too late and well after thr WR makes his break. He will throw when theyre 'college open' rather than 'NFL open.'

That being said on quick timing throws he will lead usually, but they are so often near or behind the LOS I think these should be 'gimmies' anyway.

It's frustrating to watch Bears QBs be so damn drastically different from week to week. Fields will throw dots that maybe 10% of NGL QBs could hit and then miss throws that Orton made. Tru did the same. It perfectly encapsulates Cutler’s career in Chicago too. Ugh.

• Like 1