Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

The stats I posted are quite literally correct. It can all be factually proven. Whether they hurt your feelings and narrative or not, well, that's a different story

My feelings are good man! I just enjoy watching you get so defensive at little things 😂 

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

My feelings are good man! I just enjoy watching you get so defensive at little things 😂 

If the QB of the Bears in 9 months is a "little thing," perhaps find a different message board. Take up knitting or some ****. You're the one getting defensive over a below average quarterback. I'm enjoying watching you and a few others yearn over this guy. IIRC, you did the same with Trubisky 

Edited by beardown3231

On 12/26/2023 at 7:29 AM, Madmike90 said:

Not a fan of this graphic. Lamar 10 pts higher in rating is no small number. Total yards covers for the fact that Justin still struggles throwing the football. No way you could watch Lamar make the 49ers defense his b**** and think Justin is even close to him as a passer right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If the QB of the Bears in 9 months is a "little thing," perhaps find a different message board. Take up knitting or some ****. You're the one getting defensive over a below average quarterback. I'm enjoying watching you and a few others yearn over this guy. IIRC, you did the same with Trubisky 

You must be a blast at parties 😆

Just because I want to watch your head explode:

Edited by G08
  • Like 1

I will say, it fascinates me to no end how regularly we have ugly disagreements on this board. You guys know that it's okay to have different opinions, right? There doesn't have to be a spat because of it. There doesn't have to be a "winner".

The whole goal should be civil debate. If you are feeling like you need to say something personal about the other guy, it's probably a pretty good indicator that things should cool down and another post at that time isn't the best idea.

Let's face it: our numbers on this board are way down, and we have no one but ourselves to blame for it. For some reason, we have a difficult time being nice to each other. Coming onto this board to read and discuss a little bit is a highlight of my day, every day. It'll be a real sad day when that is no longer possible, so can we just be nice to each other? It costs nothing.

• Like 2

Hello Bears fans! Just went down a Justin Fields rabbithole on twitter and wanted to stop by here to get your thoughts. Ill preface this with also saying Im a OSU fan who has been following Fields career pretty closely in the NFL hoping he does well and a lot of this is going to sound like word vomit, apologies.

• What is the general consensus on Fields in Bears land?
  • Do you want the team to actually build around him and draft presumably MHJ? or have you seen enough and want to move on?
  • Do you think coaching and lack of commitment from the staff to building a system around his strengths has killed his progression?
  • IF the Bears were to trade him, what do you think his value is?
  • If they do trade him, how do you think it will received in the lockeroom?

I have heard some things on social media in regards to how the Bears will handle this and wondering if you guys have heard the same or different. A few reputable sources have basically said Poles is out on Fields, which is why they have never committed to building the system around him. 

Its weird because I feel from everything that Ive seen, the players on the team love him. IDK if its his leadership, playstyle, talent, ect but everytime I see something where a Bears player says something related to Fields its glowing reviews. The problem is the coaching staff/GM dont seem to be nearly as bought in. Same with fans online, the majority of Bears fans that Ive read comments from seem like they really want to stick with him as well.

I wonder what the hangup is with the FO.

Anyways, just some random thoughts. 

Justin Fields, while put behind the 8-ball much of his first 3 years with the Bears, needs to be better as a passer. But, to evaluate him as a QB solely on what he does as a passer is a flawed and slanted way to do so (we would never evaluate Hurts or Lamar without considering their running).

Caleb Williams, while a highly regarded prospect, is still both a) a prospect; and b) a player with his own flaws. He is not the catch all sure fire improvement that some want to make him out to be.

The levels to which people seemingly have a difficult time grasping both of these things being true at the same time is crazy to me.

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I will say, it fascinates me to no end how regularly we have ugly disagreements on this board. You guys know that it's okay to have different opinions, right? There doesn't have to be a spat because of it. There doesn't have to be a "winner".

The whole goal should be civil debate. If you are feeling like you need to say something personal about the other guy, it's probably a pretty good indicator that things should cool down and another post at that time isn't the best idea.

Let's face it: our numbers on this board are way down, and we have no one but ourselves to blame for it. For some reason, we have a difficult time being nice to each other. Coming onto this board to read and discuss a little bit is a highlight of my day, every day. It'll be a real sad day when that is no longer possible, so can we just be nice to each other? It costs nothing.

I feel what you're saying and agree with you. It's a part of the reason I don't post here as much as I used to; some people are cantankerous and can't chat on a message board without being snarky.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hello Bears fans! Just went down a Justin Fields rabbithole on twitter and wanted to stop by here to get your thoughts. Ill preface this with also saying Im a OSU fan who has been following Fields career pretty closely in the NFL hoping he does well and a lot of this is going to sound like word vomit, apologies.

• What is the general consensus on Fields in Bears land?
  • Do you want the team to actually build around him and draft presumably MHJ? or have you seen enough and want to move on?
  • Do you think coaching and lack of commitment from the staff to building a system around his strengths has killed his progression?
  • IF the Bears were to trade him, what do you think his value is?
  • If they do trade him, how do you think it will received in the lockeroom?

I have heard some things on social media in regards to how the Bears will handle this and wondering if you guys have heard the same or different. A few reputable sources have basically said Poles is out on Fields, which is why they have never committed to building the system around him. 

Its weird because I feel from everything that Ive seen, the players on the team love him. IDK if its his leadership, playstyle, talent, ect but everytime I see something where a Bears player says something related to Fields its glowing reviews. The problem is the coaching staff/GM dont seem to be nearly as bought in. Same with fans online, the majority of Bears fans that Ive read comments from seem like they really want to stick with him as well.

I wonder what the hangup is with the FO.

Anyways, just some random thoughts. 

Hello!

• The general consensus on Fields in Bears land is split. Some of us (myself included) believe this offense has not been designed around his strengths. I personally hate the scheme Luke Getsy is running (it is the same scheme which helped Russell Wilson produce the worst statistical season in his Hall of Fame career). Others think Fields is a bust and want to trade him to the highest bidder and then draft Caleb Williams #1 overall in the 2024 darft.
  • I personally want the team to build around him, but not necessarily by drafting MHJ. I want to trade out of the #1 pick for a haul; my dream would be trading #1 to the Raiders for #10, Maxx Crosby, a 2025 1st and a 2026 2nd.
  • I think the offensive coaching is subpar, Luke Getsy seems to do well game-planning for a team but once the defense makes adjustments, he doesn't know how to counter. It seems like more-often-than-not he's throwing darts blindly hoping to find a play that works. There isn't an art to what he's doing like you see from a Kyle Shanahan or Mike McDaniel.
  • I think you can trade Justin Fields for a 2nd round pick, or maybe a 3rd and a 5th.
  • I think the players understand this is a business, I am sure some players will be upset/pissed off but they know at the end of the day it's in their best interest to support the new QB coming into the locker room.
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

But, to evaluate him as a QB solely on what he does as a passer is a flawed and slanted way to do so (we would never evaluate Hurts or Lamar without considering their running).

To this point, Hurts has 20 pass TDs, 13 INT and an 89.6 rating as a passer thru 15 games. Fields has 15 pass TDs, 9 INT and an 84.5 rating in 11 games (85.8 rating of the first CLE Hail Mary INT were properly overturned). Not identical, but pretty similar. Hurts has a higher completion percentage and, accordingly, more ypg (accounting for the higher QB rating), but Hurts also has two legit #1 WRs who have been fully healthy all year and arguably the best OL in football. The biggest difference IMO other than narrative between their individual performances adjusted for surrounding personnel is in the rushing TDs, and that’s just usage. If the Bears deployed the QB sneak the way PHI does and fully owned the difference in skill sets between Fields and most other QBs the way PHI does with Hurts he would have about 10 more rushing TDs, would have about 30 total TDs in 11 games instead of 18, and the narrative around him is significantly different.

Can Fields be Hurts with the right roster and in the hands of the right play caller? That’s for Poles to decide.