Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

JFs slowish windup and awful Getsy PC both are main issues. 

Getsy gone, further strengthen OLine & weapons, consistent proper-execution will all greatly improve pass production w/JF  !! 

Will it improve ENouGH for us to contend every year and win multiple SBs over the next 5-7 seasons ? Probably not.

I could maybe be talked into keeping JF, moving down for Jayden or alot further down for JJM, picking up some high end pieces to build around JF while having injury insurance 

But I still likely take CW 1.1, esp if I get a top 40 '24 pick or stud player for JF

That just isn't happening...

It's Fields or Caleb...we aren't keep Fields and a 1st round QB on this roster.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I do still fully expect us to move on from him at this point but I feel there will be times we will regret that decision especially next season.

I feel you ! Plenty of room over here in the both qbs overlap year camp  haha ha 😆 

If we don't get a proper return for JF, I'm hanging onto him and drafting CW. But its looking more and more likely that we will get a proper return 

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

I feel you ! Plenty of room over here in the both qbs overlap year camp  haha ha 😆 

If we don't get a proper return for JF, I'm hanging onto him and drafting CW. But its looking more and more likely that we will get a proper return 

Sorry man but there will be zero overlap hahaha

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Sorry man but there will be zero overlap hahaha

Would you trade JF for less than a top 40 pick or stud player ? Trade him for less ONLY bc there would be some overlap with the Rookie ?

This is my only  point with the whole 2 QB situation. Most/All  here believe that JF must be traded at all costs, even give him away  if we Draft a QB. Don't other NFL teams believe/'know'  this as well ?? Wouldn't they try to lowball us for JF if that were the case ? 

Is it ideal to have both ? NO.

Should we give JF away for less than a proper return ? NO.

Is our lockerroom, culture and HC strong enough for it to work IF TEAMS  only  LOWBALL US ? Yes. 

11 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Would you trade JF for less than a top 40 pick or stud player ? Trade him for less ONLY bc there would be some overlap with the Rookie ?

This is my only  point with the whole 2 QB situation. Most/All  here believe that JF must be traded at all costs, even give him away  if we Draft a QB. Don't other NFL teams believe/'know'  this as well ?? Wouldn't they try to lowball us for JF if that were the case ? 

Is it ideal to have both ? NO.

Should we give JF away for less than a proper return ? NO.

Is our lockerroom, culture and HC strong enough for it to work IF TEAMS  only  LOWBALL US ? Yes. 

Again it's supply and demand...Fields will go for far more than one single top 40 pick...

You can't keep Fields and a rookie 1st round QB on the roster...just a waste of resources to do so...have to have conviction and pick which path we are going down.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Again it's supply and demand...Fields will go for far more than one single top 40 pick...

I sure hope you are right ❤️

bc top 40 or stud player is absolute lowest I would accept for JF1

If league tries to give us an FU, 'we know you HAVE to trade him Chicago, here is a mid round pick'  I give em an FU right back and keep him  AnD draft Williams. Our organization is strong enough and JF is worth it

Edited by SLCbear

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Let's just say that he doesn't, and teams only offer a midround pick for him, would you still trade him bc of CW ?? or hang onto him and and have some overlap ? 

this is my only real fuel for keeping both Qbs 

Edited by SLCbear

16 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Let's just say that he doesn't, and teams only offer a midround pick for him, would you still trade him bc of CW ?? or hang onto him and and have some overlap ? 

But they will hahaha...

Honestly there is no circumstance where both these guys are on the roster next year.

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

It's either Fields or Williams in 2024... won't be both.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

But they will hahaha...

Honestly there is no circumstance where both these guys are on the roster next year.

If you were GM and you were only offered a mid-round pick for JF after drafting Caleb Williams, would you still trade JF away for that return ? 

58 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

If you were GM and you were only offered a mid-round pick for JF after drafting Caleb Williams, would you still trade JF away for that return ? 

I would - Williams’ best chance to develop is to get all the QB1 reps all offseason and learn on the job from jump with a proper offensive staff. Or basically the opposite of what happened for Fields year 1. A little extra draft capital isn’t worth messing around with that to me.

Also, if I’m GM and I decided to go with Williams I wouldn’t wait until after I drafted Williams to trade Fields. Our greatest leverage is before Williams is selected. Up until that point we still have the mystery of whether or not we’re trading 1-1 or not in our favor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

If I was going to take Williams I'd have traded Fields before then. When everyone sees you take Williams there is no bidding war because other teams already drafted or signed their QBs. You're basically killing your own market if you wait that long.

And if you draft Williams you've given up on Fields as the franchise face. Everyone knows it, Fields won't believe you still have faith in him. No reason to stretch it out. Let him take his shot elsewhere.

• Like 2

If you want to see how even this decision might be,  do that BS corporate exercise and argue the opposite of whatever you think the Bears should do.  If you're all about Fields and the picks,  try and make the case for drafting QB/Caleb, and vice versa.  This is a really unusual fight in Bearsdom, in that I really could be convinced either way is best.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This is a really unusual fight in Bearsdom, in that I really could be convinced either way is best.

I think it’s that way for anyone who still believes in Fields’ potential. It’s weird, because I’ll be psyched if we trade the pick and equally but totally differently psyched if we take Williams.