Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

What I do know is that Rashee got that dawg in him, he wants the ball and he wants to win the game. Future number one right here, and I don’t say that lightly 

You know that Kelce is a Dog.

Rice may not be from the same litter, but there is a breed resemblance.

WR1 is solved. Watson for WR3. Who fills the gaps?

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You know that Kelce is a Dog.

Rice may not be from the same litter, but there is a breed resemblance.

WR1 is solved. Watson for WR3. Who fills the gaps?

It wouldn’t take much to upgrade Watson. Honestly feel like he regressed as the season went on, drops, lack of concentration. You’re keen to bring up Ross often enough, right now that would be his ceiling in my mind and lots would have to change.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that Kelce has been working with Rice to teach him how to get open in zones, what Pat likes on scramble drills etc.  His growth and skill in those situations as well as dynamic run after the catch ability blossomed at the end of the year.  

Watson is the glue guy. He makes blocks, rubs DBs, and is occasionally open when the play gets extended. WR3 is his ideal role.

What we need is a WR2. MVS stepped up in the playoffs but I think that they eat the last year of his contract. That would mean that the job is open.

14 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

It wouldn’t take much to upgrade Watson. Honestly feel like he regressed as the season went on, drops, lack of concentration. You’re keen to bring up Ross often enough, right now that would be his ceiling in my mind and lots would have to change.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that Kelce has been working with Rice to teach him how to get open in zones, what Pat likes on scramble drills etc.  His growth and skill in those situations as well as dynamic run after the catch ability blossomed at the end of the year.  

Look I know the regular season is everybody’s primary focus here but I saw some encouraging things from Watson in the SB. Dude is becoming more “Patrick Friendly”  even taking pages out of the TK School of Freelance Route Running.

If he can clean up the drops he’s got number two potential, and he’s got the speed we need out of a deep threat. I doubt the drops get cleaned up, but if my other concerns I’ve had for him are more experience issues then that’s a great thing. I’d still like to bring back Hardman, and draft a couple guys. I think we need a Returner, another speed guy and one more YaC guy. 

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Look I know the regular season is everybody’s primary focus here but I saw some encouraging things from Watson in the SB. Dude is becoming more “Patrick Friendly”  even taking pages out of the TK School of Freelance Route Running.

If he can clean up the drops he’s got number two potential, and he’s got the speed we need out of a deep threat. I doubt the drops get cleaned up, but if my other concerns I’ve had for him are more experience issues then that’s a great thing. I’d still like to bring back Hardman, and draft a couple guys. I think we need a Returner, another speed guy and one more YaC guy. 

I like Watson,   he's a solid glue guy.   If we could get him in a similar role to what Demarcus Robinson was,  I'd be all on board for that.   Not really a similar player,  but he can do a little of everything and plays the team role.   Similar to how Sorensen was,  I think he's going to make more of an impact... the less you rely on his productivity.     

Hardman, I'm still meh on.    I don't want him back,  but if we get 3-4 guys above him so he can just be a play specific guy... I won't complain.    

Ideal scenario for me... and I'm only using #'s for simplicity.   The 4/5/6 guys are just rotation for package/scheme/play specifics

Rice/Vet/Rookie/Watson/Moore/James/ Ross&Toney and Fillters. 

That combo behind the Rookie,  allows us to bring him along more slowly similar to Rice.    I would still go WR early, in the draft,  with this motto also.  

6 hours ago, RedGold said:

Toney and Fillters

The world does not exist where I want Toney back. He threw his team under the bus. Many teams probably would have suspended or cut him, we still gave him a chance to cost the team if he was healthy enough. It was a good idea in theory, and he helped last year. Bye bye.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

The world does not exist where I want Toney back. He threw his team under the bus. Many teams probably would have suspended or cut him, we still gave him a chance to cost the team if he was healthy enough. It was a good idea in theory, and he helped last year. Bye bye.

I mean I listed him like 8th.    It doesn’t save us anything to cut him, we’re paying the same salary no matter what.    Might as well go into TC with him next year. 

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I would expect nothing less from the guy.  Am hoping to see more players step up too.  Not their job, but think of the impact they can make in the face of hate.  I know a number of players were consoling fans, particularly kids before leaving on the buses. Trey Smith supposedly sat and calmed a child, giving him the WWE Championship belt he was carrying.

• 2 weeks later...

At about 10:20 he talks about the Chiefs because they got brought up as a potential team for AD Mitchell to go to at 32

A) He doesn’t think they’ll draft a first round WR, just not the philosophy. Will likely target 2nd/3rd round guy

B) he thinks Skyy Moore will be a solid 2nd/3rd receiver shockingly 

I don't think we have to go WR at #32. It's a deep draft for WR. We need at least 1 OT. Lots of needs on defense too (front 7).

Rice, Watson, maybe even James are keepers. There's quite a few on the roster I know nothing about. Toney, MVS, Powell, and Skyy Moore we could lose without tears.

Edited by mayanfootball

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I don't think we have to go WR at #32. It's a deep draft for WR. We need at least 1 OT. Lots of needs on defense too (front 7).

Rice, Watson, maybe even James are keepers. There's quite a few on the roster I know nothing about. Toney, MVS, Powell, and Skyy Moore we could lose without tears.

MVS is already gone except for the formalities/
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-releasing-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-who-hauled-in-super-bowl-lviii-touchdown

I'm glad he was able to go out on an uptick.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

MVS is already gone except for the formalities/
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-releasing-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-who-hauled-in-super-bowl-lviii-touchdown

I'm glad he was able to go out on an uptick.

I don’t know why, but I could see him linger. If he can’t find good money I could see him back on a MUCH lower dollar deal.  Would have thought they might have tried to rework but I think it was just too much to re-do.  He’s a good locker room guy, a good vet if we keep getting younger. And has blazing speed if we run the fly route, lol.