Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

Posted (edited)

Hardman signed in for legit league Minimum as is expected 

The room isn’t exactly talent-laden, but at least we’ve got some Zoom back in the building(not named MVS) 

Might just be a legit battle between Skyy and Toney for the last WR spot 

Edited by Chiefer

On 6/10/2024 at 3:40 PM, Chiefer said:

The room isn’t exactly talent-laden, but at least we’ve got some Zoom back in the building(not named MVS) 

At this point I’d rather have Romegio, at least he’d worked hard and shown upside.  Skyy has shown zero, and Toney has proven even when everything is depending on it, he can’t mentally think things through.

18 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

At this point I’d rather have Romegio, at least he’d worked hard and shown upside.  Skyy has shown zero, and Toney has proven even when everything is depending on it, he can’t mentally think things through.

I have Niko over either of those two lol

On 6/10/2024 at 3:40 PM, Chiefer said:

It would not be the last spot. That goes to a ST only player, like Romegio. 

Both Skyy and Toney may make the 53. If Rice is suspended at the start of the season, I expect it to be both. 

Without Rice, it's Hollywood/Mecole/Watson as your base, then KT/Skyy/XWing. Nikko Romegio as core ST. Some PUP/IR juggling could occur to get the number down to 6. LZR I count as RB but he also figures in.

On 6/12/2024 at 11:58 AM, onejayhawk said:

It would not be the last spot. That goes to a ST only player, like Romegio. 

Both Skyy and Toney may make the 53. If Rice is suspended at the start of the season, I expect it to be both. 

Without Rice, it's Hollywood/Mecole/Watson as your base, then KT/Skyy/XWing. Nikko Romegio as core ST. Some PUP/IR juggling could occur to get the number down to 6. LZR I count as RB but he also figures in.

Do you think they treat Worthy like Rice last year at the beginning of the year? Playing time wise anyways

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

If "speed kills" XWorthy should play alot. His speed will be enough to many ways

While he may be the fastest Hollywood and Harden Have us covered.

Rice's midrange routes are more useful until XW develops some skills. If Rice is out then Sky and KT get their last chance. Heaven knows if Ross has anything to offer.  

8 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

KT and Sky have outlived their usefulness.

So you say. The staff says otherwise.

XW will stretch the field in many ways.

True, though likely not much as a rookie. 

Mahomes has stated he wants to really push the ball down the field. Hence XW gets the call.

He's behind Hollywood and Mecole. Maybe as PR.

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hes tracking well for Training Camp😎

Just saying with Reid’s offense, every single snap matters. Catching every pass he can from Pat matters.

Saw a video once how some basketball player, shot 500 shots a day, from grade school all the way through his pro career. Never failed to do it.  If I’m Worthy, I’m finding someone, anything to throw footballs to me. Even if I have to catch them sitting down in my chair because of my hamstring issue, my hands still will work.

Denzel Mims is set to be released by the Steelers. Seems like a guy that could set some sort of alarm off in Veach’s head to kick the tires on. Average 5 yards more per reception than Skyy, not that THAT is a huge vote of confidence. But he’s a second round pick and has talent enough to be our 3/4 receiver until Worthy gets up.

7 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Just saying with Reid’s offense, every single snap matters. Catching every pass he can from Pat matters.

Saw a video once how some basketball player, shot 500 shots a day, from grade school all the way through his pro career. Never failed to do it.  If I’m Worthy, I’m finding someone, anything to throw footballs to me. Even if I have to catch them sitting down in my chair because of my hamstring issue, my hands still will work.

Yeah but he’s a rookie, and at the end of the day this is an Andy Reid offense. Rookies are incorporated slowly, that’s how we do things here.  He’s got a solid template to copy in Hollywood brown, who’s pretty much filling the same role on offense. 

Get that leg healed up and ball out in camp, Bide the time until your opportunity presents itself, and it will.