Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

Hardman doesn’t exactly move the needle, but he widens the field with his speed on reverses and sweeps. He’s also got some deep threat ability that we need now that Watson is out

Knew this was coming as soon as I heard he was on the trade market. Glad to have him back he should be productive right away

10 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

My only thought on this is, who’s losing snaps.  I mean short plan, Watson is out.  Are we cutting James?

Watson was the active punt returner. Mecole can do that with no adjustment. He can spell MVS on the deep routes and he runs a solid jet sweep. It's probably his best asset.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

My only thought on this is, who’s losing snaps.  I mean short plan, Watson is out.  Are we cutting James?

James and Watson are both hurt, so that'll be some of it. Otherwise, I think he's going to take all the gadget plays away from Toney, and to a lesser extent Moore. That'll be most of it IMO.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Pretty much. Gadget plays are what Mecole is best at.

I’m fine with that I guess, he also has straight line speed, would be nice to see Pat uncork a throw here again to remind teams he can do it.  I’m so tired of watching Toney fail to read the blockers on Jet Sweeps, after last week and him keeping the ball when it was obvious he should have handed it off, they could cut him at this point.

Stats for Hardman in his last three games playing for the Chiefs

15 Touches - 185 Yards -  5 TDs

I know a lot of Chiefs fans poo poos this trade, but this is like a seasons worth of stats for Skyy Moore in three games lol

Edited by Chiefer

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I know a lot of Chiefs fans poo poos this trade, but this is like a seasons worth of stats for Skyy Moore in three games lol

To be fair, it is also like a career’s worth of Hardman’s stats.

Edited by EMAW_KSU
Spelling

I hadn't realized. He's been hurt so much and there is nothing like not playing to get you healthy. 

There is a reason that WRs are usually graded after three years. It's a steep learning curve. It takes some of the good ones a while to figure it out. The part about Moore that I did not expect and do not like is the lack of yards after contact. I expected someone a lot more difficult to tackle.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

To be fair, it is also like a career’s worth of Hardman’s stats.

Hardman has 2100 yards and 18 TDs in his career stats, so your statement is not accurate.

like I can only hope that KT-Moore-MVS can combine for that in 3 years let alone just one of them do it lol

Edited by Chiefer

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hardman has 2100 yards and 18 TDs in his career stats, so your statement is not accurate.

like I can only hope that KT-Moore-MVS can combine for that in 3 years let alone just one of them do it lol

It’s called humor, lol.  Remember this was “the next Tyreek.” But right now I agree, it would be nice to see any of them get on a place close to that.

• Like 1