W2-SF 49ers vs LA Rams

BStanRamFan

Good game yesterday. Rams went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league. Definitely played with more physicality than before. You guys feel like a playoff team. 

One thing to monitor, Stafford hurt his right leg very late in the game. I don't remember if it was the last drive or the second to last drive, but it was after bosa hit him. He had a scramble after that, did not look great, and you could tell he wasn't driving the ball off his back leg in the same way. Idk if he will be on the injury report but it's something you guys should monitor. I am not sure if it was something they talked about on TV because I was at the game. 

• Like 1

as much as i don't like kendrick the corner.
i actually really like kendrick the corner in year two compared to year one.

i can seee him grow. but he is no way a #1 or even #2 at this point.
durant looked way worse against the niners. every pass a first down. urgh.

it's so hard to watch this defense and i get that they are building something and this season is not our season, but can we please just get burns?!
we need to get rah and donald some help.

this draft class looks awesome.

Edited by Rrrrrrrams
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, N4L said:

Good game yesterday. Rams went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league. Definitely played with more physicality than before. You guys feel like a playoff team. 

One thing to monitor, Stafford hurt his right leg very late in the game. I don't remember if it was the last drive or the second to last drive, but it was after bosa hit him. He had a scramble after that, did not look great, and you could tell he wasn't driving the ball off his back leg in the same way. Idk if he will be on the injury report but it's something you guys should monitor. I am not sure if it was something they talked about on TV because I was at the game. 

I hope you are wrong about it. I havent heard anything about a Stafford injury. Not from the local or national media. 

Other than that yeah the Rams look like a real playoff team which Ive been saying all offseason. The one thing that has shocked me is how the defense is playing. I think they held the Niners to like 2-9 on 3rd down. They did the same thing to the Seahawks in Week 1. The Rams are the best in the redzone on offense and they are great on 3rd down conversion on offense. So when you can do those things right you are going to win a ton of games. But I thought the Rams defense would start of very slowly but get better as the season goes along and at least be decent. They are more than decent now. 

I knew the offense would be top 10. Now I was factoring in Kupp being healthy. I didnt expect Puka to do what he is doing. Nobody did. I thought Akers would pick up where he left off the end of last season. Obviously he is fixing to not be on the team. Williams is the one who is doing great things. So yeah the Rams have been even better early than I thought even though I did think they would start (1-1).

On 9/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, N4L said:

There's no moral victories, but I think we needed to see if Week 1 was "real" or not. I think we did. We're not a Super Bowl contender, but this team can score with anyone and will only get better when Kupp returns.

Great game. Better than the score would indicate. Losing Noteboom really stalled the offense in the 2H. Kyren's drop to INT was a gamechanger. Another W for Shanahan against McVay in the regualr season sadly. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

There's no moral victories, but I think we needed to see if Week 1 was "real" or not. I think we did. We're not a Super Bowl contender, but this team can score with anyone and will only get better when Kupp returns.

Great game. Better than the score would indicate. Losing Noteboom really stalled the offense in the 2H. Kyren's drop to INT was a gamechanger. Another W for Shanahan against McVay in the regualr season sadly. 

Yeah the Rams arent Superbowl contenders but playoff contenders I really believe so. Noteboom from what I hear will be good to go. I know @N4L mentioned a possible Stafford injury. I was listening to "11 Personnel" podcast with Jourdan Rodriguez and again she mentioned nothing about Stafford being hurt. She talked about the Noteboom injury and the update on Kupp injury but nothing about any Stafford injury and this podcast came out yesterday. So if Stafford was hurt you would think by now it wouldve came out a few days removed from the game and the Rams having two practices. 

As for losing to Kyle again, its sad but hey I just say that certain teams have other teams number. The Rams have the Seahawks and Saints number. The Rams even have the Cards number. The Ravens have the Bengals number. The Browns have the Bengals number. The Bengals have the Chiefs number. The Pats own the Jets. The Saints have the Bucs number. The Cowboys own the Giants. The Packers own the Bears. The Jags own the Colts. I can go on and on. It just happens. For me as long as the Rams dont lose to the Niners in the playoffs or losing to the Niners in the regular season dont cost the Rams a playoff spot then aside from getting blown out Im like it is what it is. Eventually the streak will end but right now its something us Rams fans have to just live with. 

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah the Rams arent Superbowl contenders but playoff contenders I really believe so. Noteboom from what I hear will be good to go. I know @N4L mentioned a possible Stafford injury. I was listening to "11 Personnel" podcast with Jourdan Rodriguez and again she mentioned nothing about Stafford being hurt. She talked about the Noteboom injury and the update on Kupp injury but nothing about any Stafford injury and this podcast came out yesterday. So if Stafford was hurt you would think by now it wouldve came out a few days removed from the game and the Rams having two practices. 

The rams probably do not want anyone to know that he hurt his right ankle. Stafford is also the kind of guy to not say anything if he plans on playing through it. I know what I saw.

I referenced on my original post that I wasn't sure he would be on the injury report. That was why I came here to tell you guys. Please keep an eye out and let me know how it looks. Thanks. 

59 minutes ago, N4L said:

The rams probably do not want anyone to know that he hurt his right ankle. Stafford is also the kind of guy to not say anything if he plans on playing through it. I know what I saw.

I referenced on my original post that I wasn't sure he would be on the injury report. That was why I came here to tell you guys. Please keep an eye out and let me know how it looks. Thanks. 

Thats fair. Stafford has dealt with a ton of injuries over the past two years that we didnt specifically know about other than some obvious ones. But as it gets closer to the MNF game against the Bengals we will definitely know if something is up. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats fair. Stafford has dealt with a ton of injuries over the past two years that we didnt specifically know about other than some obvious ones. But as it gets closer to the MNF game against the Bengals we will definitely know if something is up. 

It may not come out publicly. That was my point.