W2-SF 49ers vs LA Rams

BStanRamFan

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

The Kyren interception

The Tutu not releasing and us getting the intentional grounding

Bug biggest of all was Noteboom going down. He takes a ton of garbage from some Rams fans but him going out changed the game. 

Him moving to Guard has been great for us. Hope he’s ok. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

If kupp can come back week 5 then having Kupp, Puka, and Tutu will be great to see. VJ needs to slide down the depth chart until he proves he should be on the field. 

We need to see what Demarcus Robinson can do, because VJ is not cutting it. If he’s not dropping crucial passes, he’s falling asleep on routes that result in INTs. There really is no defending him anymore.

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

GG fellas, I'm actually really looking forward to the next one. If the rams make the playoffs this year, I'm not going to be surprised. That's how impressed with the offense I have been. 

I'm sure you are with the winning streak lol. 

Though I actually am too. From a physicality standpoint I thought the Rams really surprised me again. Not as finessed as we have been in the past. Specifically on the OL. 

We lost the game BUT we should all be encouraged. This was the test for the Rams and we did great. I expected the Rams to lose. Even when the Rams went to both Superbowls we got swept by the Niners. This felt different. This felt like the Niners had no answer for Puka. You know they dont have any answers for Kupp. So just imagine Kupp and Puka shredding them and really anyone? The OL stood up and did a heck of a job. I hope Noteboom will be ok for MNF against the Bengals which Im telling you now the Rams can win that game. 

Puka, Tutu, Williams are all playing great. Yes Williams had that big blunder that led to an interception. I thought the Rams was going to score a TD and that was the turning point in the game. Had the Rams scored they wouldve been up 24-17 and who knows what happens from there. But it still doesnt take away from how great Williams, Puka, and Tutu all look. 

The defense played as well as you can play against a star studded offense in a great system. Purdy missed some easy throws but I thought the Rams hung in there and gave the team a chance. I just wish they would force a few turnovers. I thought they had one from Deebo but McVay didnt challenge. That wouldve been huge.

But again Im encouraged and pumped coming from this game. Nobody can say this team isnt a playoff team in the NFC. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The last drive of the first half was such a killer. Holding to 3 would have been huge. I thought in general the defense played better than I expected. Although Purdy missed 4 wide open guys on key spots that likely would have added 7-14 points. 

Yeah Purdy missing some of those easy throws hurt them. I can say that the tipped int that otherwise was a drive the Rams was going to score a td, Tutu not running the route that was an easy td, and the holding call on Higbee which wasnt a hold on him that set the Rams back on another drive that I think wouldve ended in a td all cancelled out those missed throws by Purdy. Not to mention the fumble by Deebo that wasnt challenged by McVay for some odd reason. Had he challenged I think he wouldve won and that wouldve set the Rams up in great position to score a td at worse a fg to take the lead. So it just came down to the Niners actually capitalizing on the Rams mistakes and the Rams not capitalizing on the Niners mistakes. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah Purdy missing some of those easy throws hurt them. I can say that the tipped int that otherwise was a drive the Rams was going to score a td, Tutu not running the route that was an easy td, and the holding call on Higbee which wasnt a hold on him that set the Rams back on another drive that I think wouldve ended in a td all cancelled out those missed throws by Purdy. Not to mention the fumble by Deebo that wasnt challenged by McVay for some odd reason. Had he challenged I think he wouldve won and that wouldve set the Rams up in great position to score a td at worse a fg to take the lead. So it just came down to the Niners actually capitalizing on the Rams mistakes and the Rams not capitalizing on the Niners mistakes. 

It was going to be like 3rd and 10 even if Williams did not tip the ball and instead caught the ball. In what world is that a guarantee TD? 

• Like 1

General Thoughts: Offense in the 1H looked like some of the best we've seen under McVay. Tutu with a head start off the line of scrimmage feels like a cheat code. Between the tackles running is a big shift. Stafford looked awesome. Puka is...just wow. Feels like Kupp 2.0. Kyren is very decisive and we need that. Defense is what we expected, we're going to give up alot of points this season.

Stock Up: Kyren, Puka, Byron Young, Avila

Stock Down: Akers, VJ, Kendrick

Happy the game was competitive and loved McVay covering the +8.5 with a FG at 4 seconds left! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It was going to be like 3rd and 10 even if Williams did not tip the ball and instead caught the ball. In what world is that a guarantee TD? 

Yeah I spoke wrong. It would’ve been in fg range. That’s assuming the Rams didn’t pick up the 1st. The way they were going up and down the field before that int who knows?

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I spoke wrong. It would’ve been in fg range. That’s assuming the Rams didn’t pick up the 1st. The way they were going up and down the field before that int who knows?

I mean 3rd and 10 was still going to be difficult. There was no guarantee that drive was going to end in a TD. Most likely it was going to be a FG attempt. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

General Thoughts: Offense in the 1H looked like some of the best we've seen under McVay. Tutu with a head start off the line of scrimmage feels like a cheat code. Between the tackles running is a big shift. Stafford looked awesome. Puka is...just wow. Feels like Kupp 2.0. Kyren is very decisive and we need that. Defense is what we expected, we're going to give up alot of points this season.

Stock Up: Kyren, Puka, Byron Young, Avila

Stock Down: Akers, VJ, Kendrick

Happy the game was competitive and loved McVay covering the +8.5 with a FG at 4 seconds left! 

Agreed. Though I am willing to cut Kendrick some slack because this is his first year as a full starter, but he needs to calm down and stop being overly aggressive. 

• Like 1