Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

What in the hell is that? 

Some algorithmic equation that determines the probability of a win with every passing play?

I said this in this or another thread. Some of these guys seem to be really reaching with some of these stats. I don't know how to describe it. It's like they are trying way too hard to make a point. It's like they're making ish up. At the end of the day, it's about w's and L's.

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I said this in this or another thread. Some of these guys seem to be really reaching with some of these stats. I don't know how to describe it. It's like they are trying way too hard to make a point. It's like they're making ish up. At the end of the day, it's about w's and L's.

Do you realize how incredibly old and out of touch you are to say this. Like, EPA, WPA, AV, stops, these stats have existed for over a decade…

”At the end of the day it’s about w’s and L’s”, like okay, then 31/32 teams are ending the year in disappointment- either a defeat or a win that hurts their draft position. We have to talk about things in the margins, otherwise what’s the point

9 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Do you realize how incredibly old and out of touch you are to say this. Like, EPA, WPA, AV, stops, these stats have existed for over a decade…

”At the end of the day it’s about w’s and L’s”, like okay, then 31/32 teams are ending the year in disappointment- either a defeat or a win that hurts their draft position. We have to talk about things in the margins, otherwise what’s the point

Get the F off my lawn 🤣.

Old maybe, out of touch I disagree. I still believe a lot of it still comes down to the eye ball test.

EDIT: I'm not a scout, placing bets, or FF. Much of those numbers just seem to be fluff. What good is WR seperation rate when many times it's not the same DB covering. o many variables come into play. DB slips, blown coverages, etc. Are those variables factored in?

Edited by HDsportsfan

12 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Get the F off my lawn 🤣.

Old maybe, out of touch I disagree. I still believe a lot of it still comes down to the eye ball test.

EDIT: I'm not a scout, placing bets, or FF. Much of those numbers just seem to be fluff. What good is WR seperation rate when many times it's not the same DB covering. o many variables come into play. DB slips, blown coverages, etc. Are those variables factored in?

"Old man shouts at cloud...."

🙃

22 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Get the F off my lawn 🤣.

You know, I hear what you’re saying, and I do think these stats have their flaws. EPA/play for instance I think is a team offense stat that people try to wholly assign to the QB. But to not know what EPA stands for is definitely not with the times.

As far as DBs slipping affecting WR separation rates, well, doesn’t the WR get credit for juking them? Idk. Advanced stats in football will probably always be imperfect because there are more variables (players on the field) compared to other sports, you’ll always be trying to quantify subjectivity. Doesn’t mean we should refute the numbers, just try our best to take them in context.