Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

40 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

He has a long ways to go before he's ready to be a DC - maybe follow the Mayo path and start out as a LB coach

I agree. I’d love to see him as a LB coach for sure. Scott McCurley has done an ok job, but I think Lee could do a much better job at it. Especially in teaching techniques and schemes in run defense. 

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Micah was the most doubled pass rusher (of the DPOY candidates at least) and still led in Pressures and Hurries, as well as Pass rush Effectiveness.

Mad Maxx is going to be tough to beat imo, but it could go any way. All are worthy

Edited by WizardHawk

Parsons numbers are very comparable across the board stat wise the sacks and tackles are his only weakness but not to the same player.  I doubt he gets it as there is a lot of anti Cowboy bias in a lot of voters and he did drop off end of year and was a non factor in playoffs though that’s not supposed to count

Jesse Holley talking trash about Micah:

“Micah Parsons, to me, is probably the most selfish player on this football team," Holley said on the podcast.

"One of the reasons that Micah Parsons does not want to play linebacker is it’s too much of a responsibility. Maybe it’s just the youth in him. Micah doesn’t want to study. Micah doesn’t want to focus in, and I truly believe Micah wants to be great for Micah."

Holley suggested that Parsons could be able to play "anywhere" if he watched as much film as some of the greats.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/micah-parsons-most-selfish-player-cowboys-former-nfl-wide-receiver-says

20 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Jesse Holley talking trash about Micah:

“Micah Parsons, to me, is probably the most selfish player on this football team," Holley said on the podcast.

"One of the reasons that Micah Parsons does not want to play linebacker is it’s too much of a responsibility. Maybe it’s just the youth in him. Micah doesn’t want to study. Micah doesn’t want to focus in, and I truly believe Micah wants to be great for Micah."

Holley suggested that Parsons could be able to play "anywhere" if he watched as much film as some of the greats.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/micah-parsons-most-selfish-player-cowboys-former-nfl-wide-receiver-says

I 1000% agree with this. Parsons, for all his athletic ability, only seems to want to pressure the QB. He doesn't drop back in coverage or stuff the run. 

He also shoots his damn mouth off.

I would be very open to the idea of trading him for a 1st and 2nd. Heres why:

1. He's going to command mad money after this year.

2. His disappearance in the latter part of the season is evident.

3. He is a selfish player that dies not "coach up" well.

4. He will only wear down over the next 3 to 4 seasons with his style of play, 200 and change going against 300 plus every play.

You're going to end up giving him a bloated contract fir a player that operates on about 60% of his potential and will be on decline physically in his career by the time he collects on the big contract.

With the 1 and 2 combined with our current 1 and 2 we would have a lot of options.

Alas, its all for nothing as I am thoroughly convinced that this franchise will never get close to a SB as long as the fossil owns them.

10 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Well, if you're job is losing and disappointing your fan base, the ones that are the butt of every joke regarding the NFL, than you're doing an outstanding job.

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

I 1000% agree with this. Parsons, for all his athletic ability, only seems to want to pressure the QB. He doesn't drop back in coverage or stuff the run. 

He also shoots his damn mouth off.

I would be very open to the idea of trading him for a 1st and 2nd. Heres why:

1. He's going to command mad money after this year.

2. His disappearance in the latter part of the season is evident.

3. He is a selfish player that dies not "coach up" well.

4. He will only wear down over the next 3 to 4 seasons with his style of play, 200 and change going against 300 plus every play.

You're going to end up giving him a bloated contract fir a player that operates on about 60% of his potential and will be on decline physically in his career by the time he collects on the big contract.

With the 1 and 2 combined with our current 1 and 2 we would have a lot of options.

Alas, its all for nothing as I am thoroughly convinced that this franchise will never get close to a SB as long as the fossil owns them.

If we traded Micah for just a 1 and 2 I would be seriously pissed!!  That would be a steal for any team giving up just that. You better be throwing in some future picks in there. He is a top 3 pass rusher in this league and arguably one of the best players in the league. 

Edited by textaz03
  • Like 1

Agree with Tex - there's no way you give up an elite DE/OLB for anything less than multiple firsts, typically with one in the Top 10 this year and a 2nd this year.  He's a guaranteed home run where as a Top 10 is a huge gamble.

5 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Agree with Tex - there's no way you give up an elite DE/OLB for anything less than multiple firsts, typically with one in the Top 10 this year and a 2nd this year.  He's a guaranteed home run where as a Top 10 is a huge gamble.

Okay, I didn't want to come off as unrealistic. So what, a high first and two 2nds?

Whatever. The point is, YES he is a top 3 pass rusher and IS elite.....now. 3 years from now you will be looking at a beat up, slow, oft injured used to be. 

The way they're using him makes that an inevitably. Look at his production drop off.

14 sacks

11.5 in the first 10 games

2.5 in the last 6

0 in the playoffs.

So, unless you believe that this team, coach and owner has what it takes now to win a SB, you will be saddled with another bloated contract for a player that won't be the guy you see now. The Zeke of the defense.