Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

5 hours ago, TVScout said:

Food for thought:

It's almost as if it's a team game and coaching and the other 52 guys on the field matter...

17 minutes ago, D82 said:

It's almost as if it's a team game and coaching and the other 52 guys on the field matter...

Indeed. The coaches and other 52 players have a lot to do with that record and those statistics that compare favorably with anyone’s.

On 6/13/2024 at 10:12 AM, TVScout said:

Food for thought:

That looks great....until you break it down to their records against teams .500 or better. Oh, and then there's that whole playoff record thing where Dak is 2-5 and craps the bed in nearly every game, where Mahomes elevates everyone on the team and wins Super Bowls.

23 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That looks great....until you break it down to their records against teams .500 or better. Oh, and then there's that whole playoff record thing where Dak is 2-5 and craps the bed in nearly every game, where Mahomes elevates everyone on the team and wins Super Bowls.

1) Wins are not QB stats.

2) Mahomes has vastly better coaching.

50 minutes ago, TVScout said:

1) Wins are not QB stats.

2) Mahomes has vastly better coaching.

Mahomes is also a vastly better player, and it isn't close. That matters, whether you want to admit it or not. He has a much better head for the game, elevates his players, and is better at basically everything around the position. You put Dak in KC and they aren't sniffing a Super Bowl. They likely aren't getting past their first game. But, if you put Mahomes in Dallas - even with Mike McCarthy as HC - we're an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Edited by plan9misfit

“Wins are not QB stats”

*quotes graphic comparing QB records*

Also- which one of McCarthy and Reid had a ring prior to joining forces with their current team/QB? Or are Super Bowls not a coach stat, either 

Edited by matt79511

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

But, if you put Mahomes in Dallas - even with Mike McCarthy as HC - we're an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Absolutely preposterous. Dullard would torpedo P.M.  and ruin his career. Or do you not remember why Dullard got fired during the 2018 season? 

He is the perfect reason why you don't hire an HC who already has a ring. He has his super bowl and calls plays for kicks and giggles.

11 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Absolutely preposterous. Dullard would torpedo P.M.  and ruin his career. Or do you not remember why Dullard got fired during the 2018 season? 

He is the perfect reason why you don't hire an HC who already has a ring. He has his super bowl and calls plays for kicks and giggles.

Andy Reid got fired too, you know. Are you suggesting that if he had come through for Philly and won SB 39, that he would not have had this level of success with KC as a direct consequence of that win? That, sir, is preposterous.

The guy you keep calling Dullard has more wins than anyone in the NFC in the last three years by the way. You know, because we can’t attribute them to Dak.

Edited by matt79511

13 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Are you suggesting that if he had come through for Philly and won SB 39, that he would not have had this level of success with KC as a direct consequence of that win?

No. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Those two are not the same things. 

13 hours ago, matt79511 said:

The guy you keep calling Dullard has more wins than anyone in the NFC .......

1) Easy schedule.

2) We have a very strong defense which helps to overcome bad play calling.

3) Dak is the best QB in the division.  Again wins are not QB stats but teams can't win with bad QBs. 

I do not understand why every body disregards coaching and play calling. I watched Landry get badly out coached by Noll in those 2 super bowls. I watched Zampese get out coached by Cowher. We got bailed out by the worst starting QB in super bowl history in that game. In that same season I watched Campo get badly out coached by Marc Trestman. 

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

No. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Those two are not the same things. 

You stated that McCarthy calls plays for “kicks and giggles” as a direct result of his SB win in GB (which doesn’t explain why the team didn’t have more postseason success with Linehan or Moore, but whatever). By that same token, you must also believe that Reid would have become a complacent and unserious playcaller had he won the big one in Philly, but you admit that that sounds silly. So you might just have a personal bias against “Dullard.”

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

I do not understand why every body disregards coaching and play calling. I watched Landry get badly out coached by Noll in those 2 super bowls. I watched Zampese get out coached by Cowher. We got bailed out by the worst starting QB in super bowl history in that game. In that same season I watched Campo get badly out coached by Marc Trestman. 

No one disputes that coaching matters. This whole fanbase wanted Jason Garrett’s head for years before he was finally let go. But there’s a reason why the top quarterbacks make 5-10 times as much money as the top head coaches.

I was always in the camp that Tom Brady was an overrated game manager and that Belichick deserved most of the credit for New England’s sustained success. That feels inaccurate now given NE and TB’s trajectories since Brady left.

If Dak gets any of the credit for 36-15, which we both think he does, then he must also shoulder at least some blame for 2-5. That’s just how this works.

Edited by matt79511

8 hours ago, matt79511 said:

.......... you must also believe that Reid would have become a complacent and unserious playcaller had he won the big one in Philly,............

I must not believe anything. Two different men. Two different motivations. Too much counterfactuals.

On 6/18/2024 at 6:13 PM, TVScout said:

You are grossly misremembering. While McCarthy has plenty of faults which are worthy of criticism, it's not like Aaron Rodgers was helping the issue. In fact, he was making it worse due to his prima donna behavior. Did you miss the fact that he still stunk in the playoffs after McCarthy, and that Green Bay dumped him because they grew tired of his attitude? That matters.

13 hours ago, TVScout said:

I must not believe anything. Two different men. Two different motivations. Too much counterfactuals.

Nice way to sidestep taking accountability for making a series of ludicrous and biased comments. Kudos, "scout".

17 hours ago, TVScout said:

You’re right. It’s a free country. You’re welcome to believe what you want. But be aware that some may not take your opinions seriously when you use childish nicknames to make your points.