Nick Samac, OC, Michigan State

Solomon Byrd, DE/Edge
Deantre Prince, CB, Ole Miss
Kalen DeLoach, LB, Florida State
David Ugwoegbu, DE/Edge, Houston
Tyler Owens, SS, Texas Tech

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Travis was a mid-rounder before getting hurt. I can’t imagine his stock went up. I’d have to guess he goes in the 5th round or later. He’s undersized, doesn’t have great arm strength and he’s going to be 24. 

Travis was climbing the ranks, he was in contention for Heisman before he got hurt.

He will definitely go in the 4th at the latest, IMO.

ESPN’s Matt Miller released his first two-round mock. Not a real fun read for a Commanders fan after the first two picks. 

It starts off fine, with them taking Drake Maye, accompanied by quotes from an NFC QB coach that were gushing about him. General comps to Herbert/Allen, and an arm comp to Stroud. 

After that, well…not the best for us. In what has always been the fear moving forward, the OL gets brutally picked over in the 15 or so picks before we get back on the board. Guyton, Mims, Fautanu, Latham, Powers-Johnson, Morgan, and Paul all go between 19 and 34.

He then has us take EDGE Chris Braswell (Alabama) at 36, which is a pick that I really don’t get. It’s not that I dislike the player, but Quinn’s history at the DE position suggests that he is looking for either a crazy twitchy explosive guy or a guy with some size. Braswell is neither. 

It becomes even more puzzling when he has us take EDGE Chop Robinson (Penn State) at 40. That is a pick that does make sense, because he definitely fits the mold of the undersized rocket fuel guy that Quinn seeks. But in addition to another DE who checks in at under 260 pounds? Don’t really see it. 

We left Graham Barton on the board at 36 (he went to NYG at 39) and we passed on Zach Frazier (51), Cooper Beebe (55), and Kingsley Suamataia (56) as the other 2nd round prospects in his draft. 

There was also a crazy run on WRs after our two picks, with Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette, and Malachi Corley going back-to-back from 43-46.

I honestly don’t love any of those prospects that we passed on either, but I just hate the idea of drafting a QB and then immediately going right back to stocking the defense. The offense needs an influx of talent — and unfortunately it’s seeming more and more likely that we might need to move around the board a bit to get into more of a sweet spot for the prospects we’re looking at. 

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

ESPN’s Matt Miller released his first two-round mock. Not a real fun read for a Commanders fan after the first two picks. 

It starts off fine, with them taking Drake Maye, accompanied by quotes from an NFC QB coach that were gushing about him. General comps to Herbert/Allen, and an arm comp to Stroud. 

After that, well…not the best for us. In what has always been the fear moving forward, the OL gets brutally picked over in the 15 or so picks before we get back on the board. Guyton, Mims, Fautanu, Latham, Powers-Johnson, Morgan, and Paul all go between 19 and 34.

He then has us take EDGE Chris Braswell (Alabama) at 36, which is a pick that I really don’t get. It’s not that I dislike the player, but Quinn’s history at the DE position suggests that he is looking for either a crazy twitchy explosive guy or a guy with some size. Braswell is neither. 

It becomes even more puzzling when he has us take EDGE Chop Robinson (Penn State) at 40. That is a pick that does make sense, because he definitely fits the mold of the undersized rocket fuel guy that Quinn seeks. But in addition to another DE who checks in at under 260 pounds? Don’t really see it. 

We left Graham Barton on the board at 36 (he went to NYG at 39) and we passed on Zach Frazier (51), Cooper Beebe (55), and Kingsley Suamataia (56) as the other 2nd round prospects in his draft. 

There was also a crazy run on WRs after our two picks, with Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette, and Malachi Corley going back-to-back from 43-46.

I honestly don’t love any of those prospects that we passed on either, but I just hate the idea of drafting a QB and then immediately going right back to stocking the defense. The offense needs an influx of talent — and unfortunately it’s seeming more and more likely that we might need to move around the board a bit to get into more of a sweet spot for the prospects we’re looking at. 

I think overall it'd be fine if you just swap Braswell with Barton or Corley or Kingsley as you mentioned. Back to back DEs doesn't make sense for our needs overall. More likely I COULD see us drafting two DEs, but one later in the draft plus anything we do in FA. But I am pretty damn sure a DE is going to be our first 2nd round pick. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think overall it'd be fine if you just swap Braswell with Barton or Corley or Kingsley as you mentioned. Back to back DEs doesn't make sense for our needs overall. More likely I COULD see us drafting two DEs, but one later in the draft plus anything we do in FA. But I am pretty damn sure a DE is going to be our first 2nd round pick. 

Cooper Beebe and Chop Robinson would be a nice haul in the second. I think Graham Barton moves to guard and I think Beebe is just better at the position. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Cooper Beebe and Chop Robinson would be a nice haul in the second. I think Graham Barton moves to guard and I think Beebe is just better at the position. 

Fine with either. My preference is Barton, and yes he 100% needs to move to G. I'm high on him. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Fine with either. My preference is Barton, and yes he 100% needs to move to G. I'm high on him. 

I like Barton as well, he has the same way of playing as JPJ center for Oregon killer instinct. 

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Assuming we stay at 2 and pick a QB, i love the idea going back to back offensive lineman in the 2nd rd since the quality is there to warrant it and it’s a big need.

I think pass rusher, LB or TE should go in the 2nd along with an OLineman. Unfortunately we aren't going to get any of the top 10 tackles going QB in round 1.

If we go QB, I hope we get TE JaTavion Sanders and whatever tackle prospect is left, Patrick Paul/Graham Barton/Kingsley Suamataia/Jordan Morgan. If a top DE falls, I think we go there instead of TE. 

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think pass rusher, LB or TE should go in the 2nd along with an OLineman. Unfortunately we aren't going to get any of the top 10 tackles going QB in round 1.

If we go QB, I hope we get TE JaTavion Sanders and whatever tackle prospect is left, Patrick Paul/Graham Barton/Kingsley Suamataia/Jordan Morgan. If a top DE falls, I think we go there instead of TE. 

Do you think there’s more than one TE worth a 2nd at this point?