The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

It’s weird. Listening to McCarthy and Maye talk about their visit here and then listening to Daniels. Daniels just didn’t seem enthused or pumped at all about being here and the other two seemed like they were ready for Washington to pick them at that moment. It could just be Daniels has a more laidback personality but almost nothing I’ve seen from him seems like he wants to be here. Almost like a “I’ll do it if I have to” type of deal. I haven’t seen much from Penix on it but I’d have to guess he had a closer reaction to McCarthy/Maye based on what I’ve seen from his personality. 

It reminds me of Kirk Cousins who hated being here from the jump. Just kind of odd. Like, he won’t even say the name Washington or Commanders when he’s talking about it lol. Apparently this was his first trip to the DMV as well. Maybe Peter’s shocks everyone and the pick is McCarthy but I can’t imagine they’ve enjoyed this aspect of Daniels personality. Or I could simply be reading to much into it as well…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It could just be Daniels has a more laidback personality but almost nothing I’ve seen from him seems like he wants to be here. 

just the other day he went on record as saying he prefers Las Vegas (because of familiarity with their coach) and the Vikings.

then he quickly said something like but I'm blessed to be chosen by any team and they'll have my 100% effort.

My mock draft for tomorrow:

Here is my Top 10 Mock:

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Drake Maye
3. Patriots - QB JJ McCarthy
4. TRADE - Raiders - QB Jayden Daniels
5. Chargers - WR Marvin Harrison Jr. 
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OT Joe Alt
8. Falcons - EDGE Dallas Turner
9. Bears - OT JC Latham
10. Jets - WR Romeo Odunze

I’ll believe the Daniels at #2 when I see it. Maye was the clear cut #2 before smokescreen season. Commanders would be absolute FOOLS to pass on Maye. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

My mock draft for tomorrow:

Here is my Top 10 Mock:

1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - QB Drake Maye
3. Patriots - QB JJ McCarthy
4. TRADE - Raiders - QB Jayden Daniels
5. Chargers - WR Marvin Harrison Jr. 
6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers
7. Titans - OT Joe Alt
8. Falcons - EDGE Dallas Turner
9. Bears - OT JC Latham
10. Jets - WR Romeo Odunze

I’ll believe the Daniels at #2 when I see it. Maye was the clear cut #2 before smokescreen season. Commanders would be absolute FOOLS to pass on Maye. 

Add 22 more picks and submit it here to join in the annual fun.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

"It would be good," Daniels said of the idea of playing for Pierce and the Raiders. "I mean, anywhere I go will be a blessing. But, you know, I've been knowing AP since I was a teenager. Just (having) our relationship, like off the field, that would mean a lot."

When asked about Washington he just does the "I'll be blessed with wherever I go" shtick. Its tough not to notice the differences when he's asked about the Raiders and when he's asked about us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

"It would be good," Daniels said of the idea of playing for Pierce and the Raiders. "I mean, anywhere I go will be a blessing. But, you know, I've been knowing AP since I was a teenager. Just (having) our relationship, like off the field, that would mean a lot."

When asked about Washington he just does the "I'll be blessed with wherever I go" shtick. Its tough not to notice the differences when he's asked about the Raiders and when he's asked about us. 

I'm sure every prospect wants to play for a specific team. Who knows, maybe this works in our favor and nets us the biggest draft trade return in history. Either way, we will find out in less than 24 hours. I'm ready to get this done and figure out what we are going to do with the rest of the draft.

• Like 2

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I'm sure every prospect wants to play for a specific team. Who knows, maybe this works in our favor and nets us the biggest draft trade return in history. Either way, we will find out in less than 24 hours. I'm ready to get this done and figure out what we are going to do with the rest of the draft.

I guess it bothers me more than it should. Maybe because I don't really want to pick him to begin with but we're getting ready to use the second pick in the draft on a guy who basically won't just say "I'd be honored to be selected by Washington". People are asking him specific questions about being picked by Washington and he deflects to the "I'll be blessed wherever I go". To me, its not a good sign lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

This is how I have the second round WRs ranked: (Malachi Corley is more of a third round consideration than at 36/40

1a. Ladd McConkey

1b. Ricky Pearsall

2. Roman Wilson

3. Keon Coleman 

4. Troy Franklin

5. Xavier Legette

6. Adonai Mitchell

7. Xavier Worthy

I’m not gonna lie. I know people are high on Legette but he just screams Devin Thomas. Lots of pressure on Spencer and him just in quick game and he played big boy ball. But Treylon Burks was very very similar styles. Idk one year really worry me especially because it’s 4 years of absolutely nothing them bam

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I guess it bothers me more than it should. Maybe because I don't really want to pick him to begin with but we're getting ready to use the second pick in the draft on a guy who basically won't just say "I'd be honored to be selected by Washington". People are asking him specific questions about being picked by Washington and he deflects to the "I'll be blessed wherever I go". To me, its not a good sign lol 

Maybe he isn't being promised that he will be the pick. Everyone asking him about how he feels about being selected by Washington, but what if he is passed up? What if the conversations haven't gone well and the team is keeping it tight lipped even with the players about what they intend on doing? The media paints this picture that he is the pick. What if that narrative was forced by Daniels supporters, specifically his agent? What anyone says AFTER they are selected is much more important to me than what they say leading up to potentially being selected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

This is how I have the second round WRs ranked: (Malachi Corley is more of a third round consideration than at 36/40

1a. Ladd McConkey

1b. Ricky Pearsall

2. Roman Wilson

3. Keon Coleman 

4. Troy Franklin

5. Xavier Legette

6. Adonai Mitchell

7. Xavier Worthy

Keon Coleman and Adonai Mitchell are the only ones I would consider on that list. We need a bigger WR not any of the rest.

With that said, I don't think we draft a WR that early. I think we grab one in later rounds.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

What anyone says AFTER they are selected is much more important to me than what they say leading up to potentially being selected.

unless your name is Eli or John....