The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

#OfferTheFarmRaiders

They literally said when they interviewed Davis hired the GM who was most on board with getting a top QB. I mean it’s literally Dan Snyder energy trying to repay the karma of the RG trade just give us all those picks plus intrest

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Good lord, Bethesda is releasing a free Fallout 4 next gen upgrade tomorrow on the first day of the draft. So conflicted. 

lmao I just redownloaded it on my PC and Steam deck in anticipation. 

30 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They literally said when they interviewed Davis hired the GM who was most on board with getting a top QB. I mean it’s literally Dan Snyder energy trying to repay the karma of the RG trade just give us all those picks plus intrest

It would be a nice change to end up ok the receiving end of a nice draft trade haul for once. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It would be a nice change to end up ok the receiving end of a nice draft trade haul for once. 

It would also be nice to have a good QB for once lol

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It would also be nice to have a good QB for once lol

You can have your cake and eat it too with a trade down. I personally don't think Daniels/Maye/McCarthy are good enough to reject a kings ransom. Penix and 2+ additional 1sts is the easy choice IMO. 

They'll draft a QB at 2 however. Some will like it, some will hate it and I will be left wondering what could have been if we sold high. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Its kind of funny actually. Caleb Williams was seen as the problem child who didn't want to go to Chicago and Daniels is basically begging us not to pick him lol. 

Super weird.  Definitely a turn off.  

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

#OfferTheFarmRaiders

We still need a qb, so the only way I see the Raiders pulling this off is if they trade up into picks 3-5 and then trade again with us so we can still get a qb.

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You can have your cake and eat it too with a trade down. I personally don't think Daniels/Maye/McCarthy are good enough to reject a kings ransom. Penix and 2+ additional 1sts is the easy choice IMO. 

They'll draft a QB at 2 however. Some will like it, some will hate it and I will be left wondering what could have been if we sold high. 

Well if someone trades up to 3, 4 or 5 we will at least get to see what we turned down. At least reasonably close to what we turned down. It's going to be pretty boring if no trades happen in the top 5. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Any chance Maye is the pick? I want to bet on it. 

It seems like something has shifted in the last 24 hours. ESPN is debating Maye/JJ for the teams at 3, 4 and 5 today and are acting like Daniels at 2 is a foregone conclusion.

44 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I just don't understand the obsession some have with Michael Penix? Go and watch some his throws to Odunze. They were terrible. Odunze was just that good and made plays anyway. And then, when his team finally played a defense that could actually beat his OL he was awful. Yeah, I know it was one game but it was the biggest stage of his career and he crapped the bed. If I'm trading down I am not wasting a first or second round pick on Penix or Nix who I think neither are as good as Howell and both are older. 

I mean, if you are taking Nix or Penix you should've just stuck with Sam, drafted MHJ and then traded back up for Guyton, Fashanu or Mims. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don't understand the obsession some have with Michael Penix? Go and watch some his throws to Odunze. They were terrible. Odunze was just that good and made plays anyway. And then, when his team finally played a defense that could actually beat his OL he was awful. Yeah, I know it was one game but it was the biggest stage of his career and he crapped the bed. If I'm trading down I am not wasting a first or second round pick on Penix or Nix who I think neither are as good as Howell and both are older. 

I mean, if you are taking Nix or Penix you should've just stuck with Sam, drafted MHJ and then traded back up for Guyton, Fashanu or Mims. 

Do you want me to show you all of Drake Maye's bad throws? Every QB has bad throws. The biggest knock on Penix is not his ability to play QB, its his ability to stay healthy. Also, bringing up the CFP Championship, where Washington's defense allowed two 40+ yard TD runs on back to back drives to start the game is not the best example. Sure he didn't play great, but he was playing from a deficit against the best team in the nation from start to finish. Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

I will say this, Penix is the best deep ball thrower in the draft and its not close. I have watched him A LOT. His footwork, release and accuracy on his deep throws is elite. He throws with good rhythm and has really good pocket awareness too. Also, I don't care how close they are drafted together, Nix is not on the same level as Penix. If not for Penix's injury history, he would be more highly sought out, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I will say this, Penix is the best deep ball thrower in the draft and its not close

Statistically I think Jayden Daniels is right there with him or even superior. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Statistically I think Jayden Daniels is right there with him or even superior. 

I don't know the statistics and honestly have not watched Daniels throw as many deep passes as Penix. At the very least I would call Penix very good in the category, if not elite, so that is some high praise for Daniels.