Week 3 Monday Night Football

Beck Bristow

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Why am I watching this? So bad. Didn't even get Skyline 

That's why they pulled it out.  My whole plan is LaRosas (local pizza) when they win, Skyline after a loss.  Pizza takes time and we talk about the game.  Skyline takes 45 seconds to get the order from the waitress back to your table.  Perfect pace after a loss.  eat and go.

34 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That's why they pulled it out.  My whole plan is LaRosas (local pizza) when they win, Skyline after a loss.  Pizza takes time and we talk about the game.  Skyline takes 45 seconds to get the order from the waitress back to your table.  Perfect pace after a loss.  eat and go.

I need to get larosa's again soon. They have a few locations in Columbus. But not as convenient as Skyline is.  Hey, we won the game!

• Like 1

Joe still looks uncomfortable driving off the back leg.  This offense is going to be limited until he can throw a ball accurately further than 15 yards downfield.  Hopefully that continues to get a little better each week.

I thought mostly everyone else around him played really well, with the exception of Tee Higgins and Volson.  I give Volson a pass mostly, as he was being terrorized by Aaron Donald.  When he wasn't going against Donald he was alright.  Higgins just needs to catch the dang ball.

15 hours ago, theJ said:

Joe still looks uncomfortable driving off the back leg.  This offense is going to be limited until he can throw a ball accurately further than 15 yards downfield.  Hopefully that continues to get a little better each week.

I thought mostly everyone else around him played really well, with the exception of Tee Higgins and Volson.  I give Volson a pass mostly, as he was being terrorized by Aaron Donald.  When he wasn't going against Donald he was alright.  Higgins just needs to catch the dang ball.

I don't think volson gets a pass. Yes, he was playing against a great player, but he put up almost no fight in pass protection the entire game. It was bad.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:29 AM, Beck Bristow said:

I don't think volson gets a pass. Yes, he was playing against a great player, but he put up almost no fight in pass protection the entire game. It was bad.

When he wasn't on Donald, he did some nice things.  Was it a good game?  No, not at all.  But worthy of the 0 score PFF gave him?  No, it was not.

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So glad I made the trip to Nashville.  That was horrid.  Thankfully, the rest of the trip was a blast.

Joe needs to sit.  Love the valient effort, but he is hurting the team.  JaMarr was right all along 

I don't think they're going to do that, but I agree. Even when he has time his accuracy is poor. Not that he had much time Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I don't think they're going to do that, but I agree. Even when he has time his accuracy is poor. Not that he had much time Sunday.

Not every team can create that much pressure with four guys, but even the Titans started rushing 6 every play and jammed the WRs.  Every team is going to copy the approach.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:32 AM, INbengalfan said:

Not every team can create that much pressure with four guys, but even the Titans started rushing 6 every play and jammed the WRs.  Every team is going to copy the approach.

There are easy answers to this.  but the Bengals suck at some of them.  Like screens out of the backfield or bunching WR's to prevent press coverage.  But the Bengals continue to be the worst screen team in the NFL, and for some reason don't like stack formations.  So that'll continue to be a struggle i assume.