In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i guess i have this question to ask of you smart guys - 

if Flores' defensive approach is being so widely recognized as top shelf and confusing to QB's and disrupting offensive planning, then why... aren't other teams copying it and using it? yes, they need the correct personnel for it, but why are they not drafting/acquiring those players and changing over?

I think it's just really, really difficult to duplicate because of the skills (physical and mental) required to run it effectively.  I think you also have to have patient ownership and coaching to make it work because it's not one that can work overnight.  I think you see aspects of it around the league, but not the whole package because of that complexity.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

someone want to interpret this for me, please? other than... WASH is bad.

Flores is playing with the expectations offenses have about his defense to great success. He normally plays C0 at far and away the highest rate in the league. Instead, he's showing C0 pre-snap and then rolling into other coverages. This has flabbergasted Daniel Jones and Brock Purdy so far.

Also Washington is historically bad.

• Like 2